My Visit A Few Minutes Ago from A Back Yard Neighbor

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
Just took these pics of a buck who was visiting by our back fence, he's interested to know when those pears will be falling, lol. ;)

DSCN0291 (1500x1125).jpg

DSCN0290 (1500x1125).jpg

Taken a few minutes ago, there were three bucks, here's just one who posed for me.

attachment.php

Very nice, SB. We have deer around us and we have to keep the gate shut or they eat our flowers. If we leave the house early in the morning we see them walking down the road.

Nice photo SB he almost looks like he is posing for you to take photo ,to my knowledge we don't have wild deer in Aus! that's something I will have to put into Google to find out..

Thanks! Enjoyed the Pics. You don't need a lot of property in the wild. I live on less than a third of an acre, in a built up suburb of NW NJ. Its common to have groups of deer walk down our paved roads in the middle of the day. We always enjoyed them, but yes, they certainly do eat the flowers and quite a few other plants. I've had to give the garden up, but it was always a losing battle trying to deter them. We always enjoyed the wild life in our yard. All of the standard Mid-Atlantic back yard birds, Raccoons, Possum, Chipmunks, Skunks, Groundhogs, Rabbits, Fox, Field Mice, Squirrels, Squirrels, Squirrels! Caught a Shrew once. That was very interesting. Their strength is amazing. Never stop eating. Only held him for about ten minutes. Used to get snakes and toads years ago. Get a Black Bear visit a few times a year. Have also seen Coyotes on the road, but not, thankfully in my yard. Raised in walking distance of the Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens, I grew up with a love of nature.
I've had forty years of it. How lucky was I.

We just have an average back yard that is fenced, in the suburbs, the only animals so far that come into the yard are rabbits, squirrels, snakes, voles...a raccoon once, broke into our garage a few nights to eat dry dog food years ago. Beyond the fence are the deer, coyotes, foxes, raccoons, skunks, pheasants, quail, etc. I love to see the wildife, sooo nice! Like you, I have a great love for nature. :sentimental:

My buddy has a female deer who lives in his suburban neighborhood. Everyone takes turns leaving her food and water and she's had several babies over the years. But I don't believe the males come out of hiding very often. That's a terrific picture!!!

Had three deer behind my fence this afternoon and took a few pics. Unfortunately, with my new computer and my old camera software, a couple of the photos went blank after I edited/resized. Here's one from my back porch that didn't disappear.

DSCN1330.jpg

Nice picture SB. No wildlife like that around my neck of the woods, too urban here. In all my 33 years in this house, I can only recall one time when we had a deer walk through our woods behind the house, and she must have been lost.

Back