Name These Obsolete Technologies

Oh, Oh, I know!! It's a curling iron to make hairdos like this:

c570155c3e478f8a8c73d4ac3f3ae587.jpg

Ameriscot said:
Umm.. Can't take the credit :) A wee bit of cheating. Right Click on the photo and hit search google for this image
hahahaha…good guess annie (re: pic of punk rock girl)! Hey, I can't right click on pics. I don't have a mouse! No fair :)

Umm.. Can't take the credit. :eek: A wee bit of cheating. Right click on the photo and hit Search google for this image. A clever device!
No right button to click on? :D
No, I don't have a right button to click on. You have a mouse right? I don't. A mouse has a left and right place to click in order to see the posted photos info that reveals the answer. I don't have a mouse….just a laptop with only a touch pad (no right or left click) so I can't peek at the answer. So for me this is a game of purely guessing what the object is.

No, I don't have a right button to click on. You have a mouse right? I don't. A mouse has a left and right place to click in order to see the posted photos info that reveals the answer. I don't have a mouse….just a laptop with only a touch pad (no right or left click) so I can't peek at the answer. So for me this is a game of purely guessing what the object is.

Yes, I'm on a PC with mouse, but my laptop has a touchpad and a right and left button. With my tablet or phone I'm limited.

Promise not to right click again! :D

Lara, I never heard of a scratch pad that didn't have buttons near (usually below) it to use for left and right clicks. How do you post with no left click?

Lara, I never heard of a scratch pad that didn't have buttons near (usually below) it to use for left and right clicks. How do you post with no left click?

I post with my tablet and phone and don't have any buttons. The touchpad moves the cursor around and you just tap it. Buttons aren't required.

Good quiz....I still have some of these things. I have a good set of Walkie Talkies that I use when out in the woods...to stay in touch with the wife at the house. I have my old Smith Corona typewriter that I bought to use in High School. I have a slide projector...and gobs of slides that I took with my camera back in the 1960's...when I was stationed in Germany. I also have one of these big shoulder mount Panasonic camcorders...bought it when the kids were still at home, and have taken dozens of Video tapes of the kids and grandkids with it....since transferred all the old video tapes to DVD's. I even have an old washing machine wringer that I use to wring out the chamois when I am washing the car or truck. Some of the old stuff really never becomes totally obsolete.

Yes, I'm on a PC with mouse, but my laptop has a touchpad and a right and left button. With my tablet or phone I'm limited. Promise not to right click again! :D
I have an Apple MacBook Air laptop. The buyer has the option to purchase a mouse separately but in the 3 years I've had it, this is the first time I've seen a need for it…which I don't want.

Annie, don't worry, click away. It's just a game that I don't take seriously. You're not the only one that does it I'm sure. I just probably won't post pics for guessing anymore though because it takes time to search for something all will enjoy and find challenging, uploading, and posting…only to find out the answer is in plain view. It's not your fault. It's technology which makes this type of game obsolete. :)

Don, you must take very good care of your things. I too had a Panasonic shoulder mount camcorder and I bout a very old ringer in an antique store once but never use it.

I have an Apple MacBook Air laptop. The buyer has the option to purchase a mouse separately but in the 3 years I've had it, this is the first time I've seen a need for it…which I don't want.

Annie, don't worry, click away. It's just a game that I don't take seriously. You're not the only one that does it I'm sure. I just probably won't post pics for guessing anymore though because it takes time to search for something all will enjoy and find challenging, uploading, and posting…only to find out the answer is in plain view. It's not your fault. It's technology which makes this type of game obsolete. :)

According to instructions you can tap the trackpad gives you right click. Use two fingers.

According to instructions you can tap the trackpad gives you right click. Use two fingers.
Thanks AZ but that doesn't work on mine. I just tried it to make sure, tapped all over it, and no…nada…nothing. I bought mine in 2012 so maybe that's a different model than for the instructions you have. My salesman was right…"no right or left click unless you buy a mouse". I have no other need for a mouse so I didn't buy one.

Don, you must take very good care of your things. I too had a Panasonic shoulder mount camcorder and I bout a very old ringer in an antique store once but never use it.

Yup, I try to take Real good care of our stuff. I have been fixing things all my life, and consider it a personal failure if I let something go to pot. I just have a "thing" about spending hundred of dollars for something new, when I can keep the old item working fine for just a few dollars. Besides, keeping things working gives me something worthwhile to do in retirement.

For example, I have a couple thousand dollars set aside for a new lawn tractor, but I keep nursing the 15 yr. old Snapper along. This year, I have had to replace the drive belt and tie rods in the old Snapper...for a total cost of about $60. It is working good, and until it gets to the point where I have to put hundreds into it, I will keep that $2000 in the bank.

Thanks AZ but that doesn't work on mine. I just tried it to make sure, tapped all over it, and no…nada…nothing. I bought mine in 2012 so maybe that's a different model than for the instructions you have. My salesman was right…"no right or left click unless you buy a mouse".

Sounds weird but I yield to ya.

Yup, I try to take Real good care of our stuff. I have been fixing things all my life, and consider it a personal failure if I let something go to pot. I just have a "thing" about spending hundred of dollars for something new, when I can keep the old item working fine for just a few dollars. Besides, keeping things working gives me something worthwhile to do in retirement.

My hubby is like that. He tries to fix things even when you know they can't be fixed. He just hates having to dump something.

For example, I have a couple thousand dollars set aside for a new lawn tractor, but I keep nursing the 15 yr. old Snapper along. This year, I have had to replace the drive belt and tie rods in the old Snapper...for a total cost of about $60. It is working good, and until it gets to the point where I have to put hundreds into it, I will keep that $2000 in the bank.
You're unique in today's world of disposables and waste. I admire your trait for respecting your possessions.

I just place my cursor over the word "Reply" and tap on the touch pad.

Back