Name These Obsolete Technologies

Do not know if it can be considered an accomplishment....but, got all 13 correct. Does anyone remember using one of these?

59b9e72affba6010884d5bef99b36e2b.jpg

I got 10 correct, but then I am an obsolete technology, so have trouble remembering a lot of the past, beyond where did I last use my reading glasses. :)
High5 merlin, I got 10 also. I didn't see the correct answers posted so I'm not sure what I got wrong. I'll have to go back and check.

Nona, is that a steamer-presser kinda thingy for pressing shirts maybe? No, for tablecloths or sheets? I've never seen one. Thanks for your fun participation.

High5 merlin, I got 10 also. I didn't see any answers posted. I'll have to go back and check.

Nona, is that a steamer-presser kinda thingy for pressing shirts maybe? No, for tablecloths or sheets? I've never seen one. Thanks for your fun participation.

My grandmother used that press for sheets and pillow cases. Probably tablecloths as well.

I missed the Atari one. I thought it was a Commadore 64. All the others I have used or seen them in use.

My first PC was a Commodore 64 - if you had one you'd never forget it. :eek:

If you didn't purchase the "optional" floppy drive you had to read in data by a cassette. It took 5 minutes to load a game of "Hangman". :rolleyes:

12/13 My mother had one of those "ironers". I think it was an "Ironrite". It had a knee pedal underneath to control it, to keep your hands free
to manipulate the item being ironed.

Yes! WTG, annie. This is the clockwork version of a Burglar Alarm circa 1870. You wind it up and place it under the door. The spike is pushed down when door opens setting off a "loud and effective" bell.

Yes! WTG, annie. This is the clockwork version of a Burglar Alarm circa 1870. You wind it up and place it under the door. The spike is pushed down when door opens setting off a "loud and effective" bell.

Umm.. Can't take the credit. :eek: A wee bit of cheating. Right click on the photo and hit Search google for this image. A clever device!

I think it's used to light a charcoal grill.......(or an electric ping pong paddle!:))

Back