National lettuce shortage

We've noticed a problem with lettuce, in our area, also. Up until a couple of months ago, a nice head was in the $1 to $1.50 price range. Recently the prices have doubled, or more, and the heads are quite a bit smaller. This appears to be another "issue" likely related to the virus. Most of the lettuce we get comes from either California, or Mexico...and production and delivery processes are being impacted by the virus.

We've noticed a problem with lettuce, in our area, also. Up until a couple of months ago, a nice head was in the $1 to $1.50 price range. Recently the prices have doubled, or more, and the heads are quite a bit smaller. This appears to be another "issue" likely related to the virus. Most of the lettuce we get comes from either California, or Mexico...and production and delivery processes are being impacted by the virus.
the drought and exteme heat doesn't help.

I haven't noticed that here, though I buy the ones in the plastic containers at Walmart. Mostly for my pet bunny. He cannot have much spinach so I usually pick that out of his portions.

Back