National Pie Day - January 23rd

Strawberry-Pie-...-a-pie-bird-2.jpg

As a diabetic pie is one of the things that I miss the most.

One of my first memories of pie was picking black caps on a hot day with the dragonflies buzzing 'round and having my grandmother help me bake them into a pie!
blackberry-pie1.jpg
ef29da4d710b0362375e8d7a750aec1f.jpg

The memory of a table filled with assorted homemade pies at the local church supper is a close second!

Pie was an important part of my life! :giggle:

"Oh! My... gimme a piece a pie"...any and one of each of all that has been pictured

Mom would make the best apple..in season.
One Christmas, DH bought home, from work, someone gave him a couple #s
of pecans, came from Ga....made whooie! delicious, if I must say so myself, pies.
Think🤔 that's my favorite!

My Mom 's favorite was Cherry....Dad's=Blueberry

Every day is National Pie Day where I live.

My favorites are apple, peach, blueberry, lemon chess, custard, coconut custard and pecan. But chances are, if you put any kind of pie in front of me, I will happily dig in.

“[Eating pie twice per week] is utterly insufficient, as anyone who knows the secret of our strength as a nation and the foundation of our industrial supremacy must admit. Pie is the American synonym of prosperity, and its varying contents the calendar of changing seasons. Pie is the food of the heroic. No pie-eating people can be permanently vanquished.”

-- The New York Times, 1902

Eating pie is truly American.

Every day is National Pie Day where I live.

Ralph Waldo Emerson was the USA's # 1 philosopher. Mrs Lidian Emerson was a dutiful Yankee wife who subscribed to traditional values. Every day she insured that he would have piping hot coffee with pie for breakfast. She continued to call him Mr Emerson for the rest of her life. Every day should be pie day in the USA as it strengthens the nation.

220px-Ralph_Waldo_Emerson_ca1857_retouched.jpg
RWEmerson89.jpg

Back