Neat old photos

Utica, like most cities, has turned into a mass of empty stores now. The big box stores have put a lot of stores out of business. I haven't been to Utica in 20 years. Use to be a fine city.

Early_construction,_Sydney_Harbour_Bridge.jpg

images.jpg

1920 Sydney harbour Bridge Australia

When I was a young lad, Woolworths were everywhere. It was one of my favorite places for lunch. I believe they are all gone now. Shame.

You reminded me of a pharmacy in the small town my grandfather lived in. They had a lunch counter and a soda fountain. We would go for chocolate cokes. Just coca cola with a shot of chocolate syrup in the bottom but one of my favorite treats! Wow, think of the spiffy drugstores now...serving food. It is sad to see those days gone.

I Love the old pictures.

Hadn't thought about Woolworth's in years. I used to eat lunch there almost every day when I worked downtown in the early 60s. The lunch counter was always packed.

There was another "dime store" across the street -- a McClellans. Their lunch counter wasn't as good.

I give up. What is that, Trade? She looks like a nurse so it can't be a lie detector. A nerve pain reliever? How about a PTSD reliever for military.

Back