Need HELP with computer purchase Please!

if your already an apple core better stick with that...mac's are great hardware and yep expensive- but apple stands behind them...with only the mandatory hassle...(dealing with moron kids on the phone who are kind friendly and enthusiastic yet still a moron)--the sw is convoluted 35 differnt ways to do the same thing -updates often mostly to keep nonapple sw out if the mac world---unless on apple terms.--

used macbook or refurb should work well for you...

I have an iMac 27 inch screen ...better give that some thought...it is better than dicking around with small screens--macbook pro 15" iPhone 6 s plus --that I cannot work well at all.... 7 years a mac guy-- generations winders....

if your already an apple core better stick with that...mac's are great hardware and yep expensive- but apple stands behind them...with only the mandatory hassle...(dealing with moron kids on the phone who are kind friendly and enthusiastic yet still a moron)--the sw is convoluted 35 differnt ways to do the same thing -updates often mostly to keep nonapple sw out if the mac world---unless on apple terms.--

used macbook or refurb should work well for you...

I have an iMac 27 inch screen ...better give that some thought...it is better than dicking around with small screens--macbook pro 15" iPhone 6 s plus --that I cannot work well at all.... 7 years a mac guy-- generations winders....
Thanks. I got a 12.7 inch iPad Pro which I find big enough for what I need it for. I don’t want to be stuck at a desk with a computer. I’m finding this size perfect. Plus it’s mainly for music so I want it to be portable so I can travel with it easily.

I may have been better off getting a different iPad than the one I got. In searching for an external microphone I finding that most fit all the iPhones, iPads & Mac computers except for my iPad Pro since it doesn’t have the USB connection. Something about a C connection .

I finally picked out the microphone I liked and it’s not compatible with my iPad Pro. Apogee mic 🎙 won’t work.

If anyone knows more about using external microphones and has anything helpful to add, then please do.

I’m having so much fun playing with backtracks and am looking forward to recording. I’m going to record using the iPad mic but I’m going to purchase a separate mic and hopefully be able to share some music 🎶

Growl! Curse! Yell! Swear!
I’ve just spent days practising and recording myself so I can share some stuff with you. I have a recording but now I have to pay extra to share it with anyone. 🤬🤬🤬

I ended up picking a free microphone. Yeah sure it’s free but once you record something you can’t do a 🤬 thing with it.

Back to the drawing board

Growl! Curse! Yell! Swear!
I’ve just spent days practising and recording myself so I can share some stuff with you. I have a recording but now I have to pay extra to share it with anyone. 🤬🤬🤬

I ended up picking a free microphone. Yeah sure it’s free but once you record something you can’t do a 🤬 thing with it.

Back to the drawing board
Maybe just do it on You Tube. You don't have to show yourself- point the camera or phone at a wall, or o the recording outside?.

Then, post the URL to you YT video here.

Maybe just do it on You Tube. You don't have to show yourself- point the camera or phone at a wall, or o the recording outside?.

Then, post the URL to you YT video here.
The mic I recorded it with won’t give me that option. It’s uploaded to iTunes but I don’t know where it is in iTunes and even if I find it I think I have to use my full name which I’m not willing to do.
I’m sure eventually I’ll figure it out.
Thanks for the help. The crazy thing is that GarageBand has its own mic but I still can’t figure out how to use garage band. I find tutorials which instructs me to use a curser which I don’t have . Currently I AM the curser. 😂

There are keypads and external mouse devices that you can get for your ipad, @Keesha . I do not have one, but my daughter does. She had the external mouse first, and then she got a keyboard that has a trackpad with it.
Amazon and Best Buy both have them, and that would give you a cursor.

Here is a picture of one, so you can see if you think this would work for you or not. Since you can still use the touchscreen, you have the option of using either the touchscreen or the trackpad interchangeably. This picture is for the 3rd gen iPad Pro 12.9, but you can get the same thing for any size ipad.
My daughter loves hers ! She has one of the expensive Apple cases, but Amazon has them in a variety of prices.

7A357F8A-1556-471A-99D9-23127B5FDC60.jpeg

There are keypads and external mouse devices that you can get for your ipad, @Keesha . I do not have one, but my daughter does. She had the external mouse first, and then she got a keyboard that has a trackpad with it.
Amazon and Best Buy both have them, and that would give you a cursor.

Here is a picture of one, so you can see if you think this would work for you or not. Since you can still use the touchscreen, you have the option of using either the touchscreen or the trackpad interchangeably. This picture is for the 3rd gen iPad Pro 12.9, but you can get the same thing for any size ipad.
My daughter loves hers ! She has one of the expensive Apple cases, but Amazon has them in a variety of prices.

View attachment 114037
You are a true gem. We actually talked about this. Now it’s all coming back to me.
Anyway I got my recording done and it’s in a link. Unfortunately because of how I’m recording you can’t hear the background music. Ok I’ll look into it.
My short term memory is horrible.
Thanks happy flower lady . 🥰

While this is a fine iPad, it was far more than I needed. Plus since we don’t actually have proper internet, I really didn’t have a chance to really try it out. It wouldn’t sync up and I couldn’t import any backtracks to my garage band which is the very reason I purchased it.

I’ve since learned that I can do some of this stuff on an iPhone if I get a microphone so I’m going that route. The sound quality will be far less than but that’s ok. We can put the money to better use.

The other day I took it back for a complete refund. The 90 days were over and on the 90th day it was returned. Everything was deleted off of it first.

Last edited:

Back