Need help with my laptop, please

senior chef

Somehow I managed to foul up my HP laptop. I can not get in many sites (including my gmail account) because Google will not accept my last email address or perhaps because of it will not accept my password.
Does anyone have ANY idea of how I can fix it ?
PLEASE, HELP !

Somehow I managed to foul up my HP laptop. I can not get in many sites (including my gmail account) because Google will not accept my last email address or perhaps because of it will not accept my password.
Does anyone have ANY idea of how I can fix it ?
PLEASE, HELP !
Do you have some kind of recover-password option.. like to a different email address or your phone?

Sounds like you are using a Google Chrome browser. Try the Firefox browser - you can download it by searching for “Firefox download”. If needed, you can use your Microsoft Internet Explorer (or Edge) browser to do this search if Google has you all locked up.

I have located my cell phone number. It then asks me for my name. I type in my name and click "NEXT". That darn Google says , "The name does not match the name on the account. That's crazy !
If it won't accept your email address or your name, consider the possibility your account may have been hacked. I certainly hope not, that's a total nightmare.

I have located my cell phone number. It then asks me for my name. I type in my name and click "NEXT". That darn Google says , "The name does not match the name on the account. That's crazy !
Yep, that's crazy for sure but I don't know how to fix crazy, sorry.
Best suggestion I have is to create a new account and be diligent
in keeping track of both your password and phone number you
use to set it up. You may thank your future self.

My laptop keeps overheating.. Suggestions anyone?

smashed_laptops_640_05.jpg

By the way, I keep track of logins/passwords in an address book. That way, should problems occur, we have them written down not on the computer.
I use an old fashioned Filo Fax for this purpose. It’s the most important book in the flat. It annoys me that everyone tells you not to write these things down when there is no way you can remember all of them.

Sorry OP, only suggestion for your problem is to make sure that you have not inadvertently typed a “space” at the beginning or end of your password. This has caught me out a few times, mostly when copy and pasting though.

Back