New Here & Eighty Yrs Old

mac

Hello. I just had a birthday. Eighty years old. I'm married and have a little 13 yr old dog. I am a Christian. My husband spends a lot of time in his hobby shop so I decided to come here and make new friends. I'm still able to keep house, drive and in fairly decent health. I'm scheduled to see a cardiologist this week. I'm praying all will go well. I try to keep a good attitude but do have bouts of depression. I don't know if this is a common thing as we get older but I sure don't enjoy those times. Well, thank you for reading and if I don't yet understand how to find my way on here, please forgive me. mac

Hello from Toronto, Mac! I think you will find common interests here, as you look through the topics.
As for depression, that is in the Health topic. There is a dog and pets topic as well. Would love to see
your dog. Are you comfortable saying where you live - generalized location is fine.

welcome.hands.jpg

Welcome!
I hear you! My husband spends too much time reading politics on the computer so I found this group. There are many nice people here to enjoy.
Are you sad about your upcoming cardiologist appointment? We are so fortunate to have so many good options for care today!

Hello and Welcome, Mac. I'm going on 80 and I have been on Seniors for a very long time. You will have the opportunity to contribute to a number of sections of this very large forum. Over time you will find your niche and will inevitably find friends.

Poke around and find topics that interest you.

Hi Mac...
welcome-London-Big-ben.webp

Happy Belated Birthday....and wishing you luck for you Cardiologist Visit ..

With regard to the depression.. as someone already said , we do have a small space for you to discuss if you feel like it.. but maybe just having new people as friends. and or to chat with, might help...

Either way, we're pleased to have you here..

Welcome @mac ! Not 80 yet, but am hoping to be one day!
I don't know if this is a common thing as we get older but I sure don't enjoy those times.
I think you will find it varies from person to person. And many of us have good days and bad. We do try to help each other to have better days, I think it works.
I'm scheduled to see a cardiologist this week. I'm praying all will go well.
I hope so too, let us know how it goes.
if I don't yet understand how to find my way on here, please forgive me
I am sure you will do fine, just jump in. Mistakes are hard to make and no big deal when made.

Welcome, Mac
I am 84 and still enjoy life. The one thing that slightly depresses me is outliving people I know. When my MIL passed away at 79, I looked at her address book and all the names were crossed out.

Hi Mac, belated birthday wishes welcome to SF,glad you found us
You'll meet great group of member from around the world here, which makes this forum unique in my opinion
I'm a life long dog lover, sadly can't have pets in our apt building, one of the rules
Enjoy yourself here
Sue in Buffalo, NY

Welcome, well you're further along than I and will probably finish after I do. Still glad you're here.

Back