New Year's Resolution

Chet

Will you make one? Mine is to finish the things I have started but never finished. I put one thing aside when I get diverted to something else, and the first just sits and waits. I need to caulk my sink faucet to keep water from getting underneath is one of those things.

Nope. I'm done with that foolishness. It's not for me.

My resolution is to make at least one of the recipes I've printed out or clipped from magazines per week. A better one would be to stop printing or clipping but I know I couldn't keep that one.
Keep purging and not buying. I put a big dent in my stuff last winter and I'm going to keep it up.
Continue to learn how to sew. I'm making very slow progress but now when I get the machine all set up, my thread and scissors in place and that big piece of cardboard with inches and squares on it set out on the table I really look like I know what I'm doing.

Year-long resolutions don’t work. Here’s how to make 12 ‘micro-resolutions’ instead (link)​

No one maintains their New Year's resolutions all year. But what if you committed to a dozen of them for just one month at a time?
181128103035-20181128-wisdom-project-running-illustration-live-video.jpg

"On January 1, 1943, the American folk music legend Woody Guthrie jotted in his journal a list of 33 “New Years Rulin’s.” Nowadays, we’d call them New Year’s Resolutions. Adorned by doodles, the list is down to earth by any measure. Family, song, taking a political stand, personal hygiene — they’re the values or aspirations that top his list".

woody-guthrie-resolutions.png

Back