New

It's finally warming up here. Are you guys as cold now as you were hot in the summer? I know temps got pretty toasty down there this year.

It's finally warming up here too... this last week the temps have been much lower than they would usually be in May, but today the sun is out and next week the forecast is for sun and higher temps here in London and the South East of England!!

Nice picture btw Cindi.... :)

We had an horrific summer Cindi we had a week of 45 c+ with two days being 48c in some areas of S.A
it’s been fairly warm up, till about a week ago when we got some very much needed rain ,we hadn’t had any rain at all during summer

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-30/sa-water-unconcerned-about-adelaide-big-dry/11054202
It's finally warming up here. Are you guys as cold now as you were hot in the summer? I know temps got pretty toasty down there this year.

yes we did, we had an unusually hot April , all upside down because April is usually wet, and May is sunny and warm... we're forecast to get a hot summer as from next week...

What's the average temps in Washington state in summer?

Washington has about three different ecosystems... Eastern Washington is hot and dry in the summer, they can easily get into the triple digits. In Western Washington, the Seattle area and south is a bit more mild but the last few days has seen temps in the 80's which is unusual in May. In our little corner of the state up in the NW corner, we are right next to Canada and we tend to be much cooler. Last summer I never got warm, but this year seems to be different. We have been in the 70's the last few days which is downright hot for this area.

Oooh that's something new I learned today. 3 different ecosystems?.. I didn't realise Washington State was so large :cool:

It's really not all that big. It's just it's such different types of climate. The state is cut in half by a mountain range which makes the weather quite different... Western Washington is closer to the ocean which makes it cooler and Eastern is land locked. They also get a lot of snow in the winter while we get very little. And then Olympic Peninsula, where I live, almost has water on two sides.. the ocean and the Strait of Juan de Fuca which makes us even cooler and also much less likely to get snow in the winter. We tend to get more sunshine, less rain, but lots of wind.

Oh , I get you, ..I understand!! It's difficult for us in the Uk to imagine the size of anywhere in the USA because our Island is so small...

I just googled how many times England would fit into WA..and the answer is a staggering 20 times... wow!!!...and the whole of the UK would fit in 4 times...

Yup!!! and in this tiny Island we have 66 million people..... :(

That sounded like a lot so I looked up population of California...it’s about 40 million.

We have so much open space also but it’s probably because most of it is mountains and maybe not buildable....don’t know though...

I do know that wherever I drive that’s further away....it’s miles and miles of nothing Sometimes...and then everything is crammed into a city.

Ill have to google how many times England would fit into California...

That sounded like a lot so I looked up population of California...it’s about 40 million.

We have so much open space also but it’s probably because most of it is mountains and maybe not buildable....don’t know though...

I do know that wherever I drive that’s further away....it’s miles and miles of nothing Sometimes...and then everything is crammed into a city.

Ill have to google how many times England would fit into California...

California IS big. It took us 8 hours to drive from San Francisco to LA. We can go from one side of the state to the other in that time frame, and from north to south in about 3 hours.

Back