NEXT possible agenda of the new world order:

I think one possible agenda of Silicone Valley is to get Seniors so depressed that we want to kill ourselves.

All this communication by app ALONE, or by text ONLY, vendors going cashless or taking Venmo ONLY, all the scams targeting us. Even hacking of Ring cameras and similar devices.

I think they just want us to off ourselves. That's the plan.

What do you think is Step 2, after all the Boomers are dead? I just want to tell my kids what Silicon Valley will be up to when I'm dead and gone, so they can get ready.

(A few people will not like this negative post so please, IGNORE IT if you don't like the negativity. And forgive my lack of a space in my headline. I cannot fix it.)

New technology that lowers operating costs and therefore increases profits is the major reason why so much of it has been rapidly embraced across the board.

This technology is being developed and deployed has many weaknesses that are being exploited because "it ain't as good as advertised" and obviously not as secure. Again, it's all about money.

With a little patience all the boomers will be gone anyway, so what's the hurry? As far as wanting us old folks to commit suicide, I don't think that might have crossed their minds, but since you mentioned it in an internet forum ( their milieu ) --you just gave "them" the idea.

Silicon Valley will introduce "digital reincarnation," where seniors' consciousnesses are uploaded to the cloud, creating an army of virtual ghosts that can be used for cheap labor or as AI chatbots.

Imagine your kids picking up the phone to call customer service, only to find themselves chatting with a virtual version of their dear old, departed grandpa! It's a bizarre and twisted future, but hey, you never know what those tech wizards in Silicon Valley might come up with next.

I have a friend who absolutely hates all this tech stuff. It makes her crazy. She doesn't send emails though she will read them, she will occasionally text because she has to...mostly between her immediate family members and me. She will never bank online and if she needs to order something online, not wanting to open accounts, she has another close friend do that for her. I'd also be happy to do it for her if for any reason the other person no longer does it. She doesn't have a computer, some things are done on her iPad.

Therefore, I'm sure you are not alone Vintage. I'm glad I've learned to embrace technology, even though it can be annoying at times. One of my mottos is "There's more than one way to skin a cat" (no cats were injured by me before, during or after that message 😸). But I say that because if I can't figure out a way to do something at first, I know I'll find a way if I keep trying. When all else fails I turn to my son and/or YouTube for help.

Last edited:
I think one possible agenda of Silicone Valley is to get Seniors so depressed that we want to kill ourselves.

All this communication by app ALONE, or by text ONLY, vendors going cashless or taking Venmo ONLY, all the scams targeting us. Even hacking of Ring cameras and similar devices.

What do you think is Step 2, after all the Boomers are dead? I just want to tell my kids what Silicon Valley will be up to when I'm dead and gone, so they can get ready.

(A few people will not like this negative post so please, IGNORE IT if you don't like the negativity. And forgive my lack of a space in my headline. I cannot fix it.)
You may not be entirely wrong. There are way more boomers than young people. We have real estate, money. We are in the way in some people's minds.
I have my own conspiracy theories to deal with, thank you very much. 😊

I don't believe there's any conspired agenda to get seniors to "kill" ourselves, but I certainly agree that technology is advancing faster than many of us can or maybe want to embrace.

A perfect for instance for me is electronic tickets and boarding passes for flying, I hate that. I prefer paper ticket but can deal with the electronic format. But what happens when airlines and other businesses get to the point everything must be done electronically? An entire demographic of those who can't or won't embrace new technology are left behind, that bothers me.

It's an ugly truth of life, adapt or be left behind, and us seniors may feel that more than any other age.

I disagree. I strongly suggest reading the short story, Who Moved My Cheese.

Last edited:
The New World Order???
Yeah, supposedly, this is some dark cabal that rules the planet. The N.W.O. is kind of like Nessie, Bigfoot, and the Yeti- only ever seen by a few. I have to admit it's doing a really lousy job of ruling the planet.
And, no, I do not think there's some vast conspiracy to get seniors to commit suicide. That's right up there with alligator shape shifting space aliens, coming here to mate with our women.
If they got rid of all seniors, who would be left to harp on the faults of young people?

Silicon Valley is toxic on so many levels but less about technology than its social corrosivity. There are extreme levels of assumed privilege and disdain for America among its top classes. My son was very happy to pack up and leave California behind entirely after enduring a decade of SV's wrong-headedness.

Even playful negative thinking breeds more negative thinking which breeds a fundamental unhappiness.

When considering the many near-miraculous inventions over the last 30 years, it seems to me Silicon Valley firms are trying to be helpful to seniors (and others), not get us to "off ourselves."

I do understand peoples fears and concerns but I also think of the seniors who have grandkids living in far away locations and are able to communicate with them using FaceTime or another similar apps on a daily basis. Although FB can be a cesspool at times, I think of the Seniors who reach out to each other there to alleviate some of their fears and loneliness (and on this forum). Cashless society ? That started in the early 90's with the use of debit cards, direct deposit and paying bills online. People my age started our way to a "cashless" society then and it has accelerated as time goes on.

Have the companies become greedy and corrupt with all the buyouts ? Yes. I no longer have the naive dream like admiration for companies such as Google and Apple. For the most part, the tech companies have become just as greedy as all the other corporations out there. And yes, there are privacy and security concerns that have to still be worked out. As I mentioned before, my sister got scammed out of a lot of money this year on FB. But people were scammed before this tech was around, It's just a lot easier for scammers to take advantage of people now.

So while I do recognize the negatives of all that is going on, I am of the belief that overall it has improved the quality of my life. I can only speak for myself though. One thing that I do know is that this isn't all new. Those in their twenties were born into the technology that evolved quickly in my lifetime. And it keeps growing and evolving. I am sure there were many people upset when Henry Ford fine tuned the assembly line. It was revolutionary at the time but society adjusted and I have no doubt that future generations will do the same with the tech revolution.

The New World Order???
Yeah, supposedly, this is some dark cabal that rules the planet. The N.W.O. is kind of like Nessie, Bigfoot, and the Yeti- only ever seen by a few. I have to admit it's doing a really lousy job of ruling the planet.
And, no, I do not think there's some vast conspiracy to get seniors to commit suicide. That's right up there with alligator shape shifting space aliens, coming here to mate with our women.
If they got rid of all seniors, who would be left to harp on the faults of young people?
The new world order is another term for the World Economic Forum and they are very real indeed. It was founded by Klaus Schwab who remains at it's head and features royalty and billionaires from around the world. Their purpose?

You can probably guess and it would be as good as mine but not the best news for middle class folks. Either a trip back to serfdom and the dark ages or forward to national credit scores and some form of communism?

Last edited:

I think this is all quite a stretch of the imagination, and that some people are taking change way too personally. But, you're not alone, people in all eras of the past have balked at change, but yet here we are, thinking that our "normal" is being taken away from us.

The new world order is another term for the World Economic Forum and they are very real indeed. It was founded by Klaus Schwab who remains at it's it's and features royalty and billionaires from around the world. Their purpose?

You can probably guess and it would be as good as mine but not the best news for middle class folks.
You are completely right. Klaus Schwab in my opinion is one of the most evil persons worldwide. Schwab's propagandist Yuval Noah Harari is not better. In Geneva (Switzerland) is a cluster of dangerous institutions, e.g. the World Economic Forum (WEF), the WHO (World Health Organisation), GAVI (the Vaccine Alliance) founded in 2000 at the WEF summit by Bill Gates. All of these institutions are immune from prosecution.

I prefer to call it, "The New World Unorder". I've said this before and I'll say it again: "they" won't be happy until someone crazed "ruler" sets off a nuke. And when that happens, you can be sure there will be more to follow.

I must apologize for the negative attitude, for I really hope I'm full of horse apples when it comes to that subject. But somehow, I think I'm not......

Back