Normal living' will come months after vaccine, Fauci says;

You are a funny person. You go ahead and " fight", chase your fantasies or whatever makes you feel good about yourself. I deal with the real world head on, because reality is the only thing I can sink my teeth in.
You sound like a realist like me, Nathan, one who balks at the fantasy world that so many live in today.

Run into the arms of death? Overstating it a bit, don't you think? And Nathan said to "get comfortable" with it. To me, that's giving up. And giving in. No, no, a thousand times no. In my county (Williamson County, Texas) there are 8,337 cases. There have been 135 deaths. That's a .01619228 percent death rate. Horrible for the families of the deceased. But pretty good odds for me. So not exactly running into the arms of death. To put this in perspective, when I had my cataract surgery, my doctor told me because of my "long eyes" I had an increased possibility of complications, increasing my odds to as much as 6 percent. It was a concern. I did it anyway. Best thing I ever did by the way. So I wear a mask when I'm out, socialize with a select few, and take my chances. I'm not going to criticize anyone for hunkering down. But I can't stand it when people just tell me to get used to it. Or, like your hyperbolic "run into the arms of death." Tsk.
Sorry, Carol, but that is a 1.6 percent death rate.

I think he has a financial stake in vaccine development.

We're moving toward natural herd immunity with every case.

Dr. Fauci is the ONLY person I have trusted and believed in from the start of this mess. How cynical can it be to believe he has ulterior motives of profit from this horrible nightmare is just outrageous in my opinion. He has never lied to us about the truth. I trust that.

All the bald faced lies we were spoon fed from the start, we know now as an absolute proven fact that all those lies were intentionally told to us when the truth was known. There is no question about the lies that were fed to us now.
It's beyond imagination it was thought the American public couldn't "handle" the TRUTH to be told from the start. That's unforgivable. Don't EVER lie to me! Most people could have all handled the truth! I hate to be lied to for any reason, and the life and death accurate truthful information that should have been told from the start could have saved some of the thousands of Americans DEAD because of all the LIES.
Off my soapbox for for now.

Last edited:
Dr. Fauci is the ONLY person I have trusted and believed in from the start of this mess. How cynical can it be to believe he has ulterior motives of profit from this horrible nightmare is just outrageous in my opinion. He has never lied to us about the truth. I trust that.

All the bald faced lies we were spoon fed from the start, we know now as an absolute proven fact that all those lies were intentionally told to us when the truth was known. There is no question about the lies that were fed to us now.
It's beyond imagination it was thought the American public couldn't "handle" the TRUTH to be told from the start. That's unforgivable. Don't EVER lie to me! Most people could have all handled the truth! I hate to be lied to for any reason, and the life and death accurate truthful information that should have been told from the start could have saved some of the thousands of Americans DEAD because of all the LIES.
Off my soapbox for for now.

I knew on January 24th that the world was about to get slammed because highly contagious respiratory viruses plus commercial airline speeds of 460 – 575 miles per hour do not add up to anything other than a pandemic. Either a) I'm smarter than Fauci, or b) he's a liar. I'm pretty sure "a)" is the wrong answer...

24 January 2020

Chinese New Years Events Cancelled

All major Chinese New Year events have been canceled in Beijing from Thursday, along with all other large-scale activities, including temple fairs, in a bid to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Several major tourist attractions and public venues have also been temporarily closed, the city's tourism bureau reports.​

This was within 24 hours of learning of the Wuhan lockdown.

17 February 2020

Fauci tells USA Today's editorial board: Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will be testing for the coronavirus in people in five major cities who show up at clinics with flu-like symptoms but who test negative for the seasonal varieties.​
If that testing shows the virus has slipped into the country in places federal officials don't know about, "we've got a problem," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told USA TODAY's Editorial Board Monday.​
Short of that, Fauci says skip the masks unless you are contagious, don't worry about catching anything from Chinese products and certainly don't avoid Chinese people or restaurants.​
Fauci doesn't want people to worry about coronavirus, the danger of which is "just minuscule." But he does want them to take precautions against the "influenza outbreak, which is having its second wave."​

Fact is, Fauci has been spoon-feeding bald faced lies from the start.

Last edited:
Nope. Nope. Nope. I will never get "comfortable" with it. Never. It is not normal. But you give in, Nathan. Roll over and give in. Not me. I'm a fighter.
Absolutely, I’m with you. How much sitting around and discussing the same rhetoric are we supposed to do, especially without repeating ourselves? Even the grandchildren are asking when do we get to be free again?

I knew on January 24th that the world was about to get slammed because highly contagious respiratory viruses plus commercial airline speeds of 460 – 575 miles per hour do not add up to anything other than a pandemic. Either a) I'm smarter than Fauci, or b) he's a liar. I'm pretty sure "a)" is the wrong answer...

24 January 2020

All major Chinese New Year events have been canceled in Beijing from Thursday, along with all other large-scale activities, including temple fairs, in a bid to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Several major tourist attractions and public venues have also been temporarily closed, the city's tourism bureau reports.​

17 February 2020

Fauci tells USA Today's editorial board: Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will be testing for the coronavirus in people in five major cities who show up at clinics with flu-like symptoms but who test negative for the seasonal varieties.​
If that testing shows the virus has slipped into the country in places federal officials don't know about, "we've got a problem," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told USA TODAY's Editorial Board Monday.​
Short of that, Fauci says skip the masks unless you are contagious, don't worry about catching anything from Chinese products and certainly don't avoid Chinese people or restaurants.​
Fauci doesn't want people to worry about coronavirus, the danger of which is "just minuscule." But he does want them to take precautions against the "influenza outbreak, which is having its second wave."​

24 January 2020

17 February 2020

Annie A @ the one thing we agree with is neither one of us is likely as smart as Dr. Fauchi.

I totally disagree with everything else you said.

When Dr. Fauchi said on Jan. 17th that only the sick needed to wear masks, that was long before it was understood how this thing can spread by the infected with no symptoms and no masks.
He also went on to say "If that testing shows the virus has slipped into the country in places federal officials don't know about, "we've got a problem," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told USA TODAY's Editorial Board.
In short, he did not know what was going to happen here, nor did you or I.

Wuhan China went into lockdown on Jan 22, claiming they had 17 dead and 600 infected by the end of Dec. We can bet that's yet another lie from China, as we know the total was astronomical as by Feb their 84 crematoria furnaces were burning 24/7 with up to 1,500 bodies a day.

I respectfully suggest you watch Bob Woodword on CBS 60 Minutes tonight to be better informed about the LIES that were fed to us and by whom. I would also suggest the the information on Social Media is next to worthless.

Last edited:
Fauci is always good for a chuckle. This is still my favorite photo:

politics masks.jpg

Life will return to something very close to what it was a year ago, of that I'm confident. This isn't the first pandemic humans have faced and it won't be the last.

Most who are adults now will likely keep an eye on news of rapidly spreading diseases though. Our pantries will be better stocked and we'll be more likely to self quarantine or wear masks for the short term if there's a threat.

I'm with @CarolfromTX and @oldman. I want to travel, cruise, hug friends, attend parties, etc.

Annie A @ the one thing we agree with is neither one of us is likely as smart as Dr. Fauchi.

I totally disagree with everything else you said.

When Dr. Fauchi said on Jan. 17th ...

He said it mid February. You misread the dates in my post. He knew that if China did what they did ...the acutal Jan 24th bit if you'll look over Post #29 chronology again... that we were in for it, yet still came out with the 'miniscule' bit in February.

We have been lied to. Still are being lied to and Fauci is complicit.

Last edited:
https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/anthony-s-fauci-md-bio

Dr. Fauci was appointed director of NIAID in 1984. He oversees an extensive portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika. NIAID also supports research on transplantation and immune-related illnesses, including autoimmune disorders, asthma and allergies. The NIAID budget for fiscal year 2020 is an estimated $5.9 billion.

Dr. Fauci has advised six presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world.
Dr. Fauci also is the longtime chief of the Laboratory of Immunoregulation. He has made many contributions to basic and clinical research on the pathogenesis and treatment of immune-mediated and infectious diseases. He helped pioneer the field of human immunoregulation by making important basic scientific observations that underpin the current understanding of the regulation of the human immune response. In addition, Dr. Fauci is widely recognized for delineating the precise ways that immunosuppressive agents modulate the human immune response. He developed effective therapies for formerly fatal inflammatory and immune-mediated diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis (formerly Wegener's granulomatosis), and lymphomatoid granulomatosis. A 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey of the American Rheumatism Association membership ranked Dr. Fauci’s work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis among the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years.

Dr. Fauci has made seminal contributions to the understanding of how HIV destroys the body's defenses leading to its susceptibility to deadly infections. Further, he has been instrumental in developing treatments that enable people with HIV to live long and active lives. He continues to devote much of his research to the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to HIV.
In a 2020 analysis of Google Scholar citations, Dr. Fauci ranked as the 41st most highly cited researcher of all time. According to the Web of Science, Dr. Fauci ranked 7th out of more than 1.8 million authors in the field of immunology by total citation count between 1980 and January 2020.
Dr. Fauci has delivered major lectures all over the world and is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom (the highest honor given to a civilian by the President of the United States), the National Medal of Science, the George M. Kober Medal of the Association of American Physicians, the Mary Woodard Lasker Award for Public Service, the Albany Medical Center Prize in Medicine and Biomedical Research, the Robert Koch Gold Medal, the Prince Mahidol Award, and the Canada Gairdner Global Health Award. He also has received 45 honorary doctoral degrees from universities in the United States and abroad.

Dr. Fauci is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the American Philosophical Society, as well as other professional societies including the American College of Physicians, the American Society for Clinical Investigation, the Association of American Physicians, the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the American Association of Immunologists, and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. He serves on the editorial boards of many scientific journals; as an editor of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine; and as author, coauthor, or editor of more than 1,300 scientific publications, including several textbooks.

Fauci has an amazing CV, but--to reference the above meme--no one pitches a perfect game. He (and the rest of the Western world) could've handled this so much better by implementing early mitigation strategies as soon as it was known in January that China totally lost control. He was still supporting the cruise industry in March.

You are a funny person. You go ahead and " fight", chase your fantasies or whatever makes you feel good about yourself. I deal with the real world head on, because reality is the only thing I can sink my teeth in.
Don't forget the "real world" contains sophisticated countries like Sweden setting their own path over their response to this crisis, including resisting pressure to force a lockdown on their population, (pressure even coming from some of their doctors, but not all of them).

Seeing a lot of respondents on here saying that they intend the new normal to become normal for them, I have been reflecting on the idea that seems to be gaining increasing support.

That the older, higher risk members of the community, should be shielding and the rest should just be getting on with it as they please.

This would allow herd immunity to become reality fairly quickly, with a low cost of life.

tired of wearing masks and hearing the words "social distancing"... being alive is dangerous to our health... we can't possibly run or hide from every danger that comes along.. we can't live in fear forever... we can't cancel everything forever. I've pretty much had enough. this lock down has harmed more people including children and seniors probably more than anyone will ever know.

I agree and I
tired of wearing masks and hearing the words "social distancing"... being alive is dangerous to our health... we can't possibly run or hide from every danger that comes along.. we can't live in fear forever... we can't cancel everything forever. I've pretty much had enough. this lock down has harmed more people including children and seniors probably more than anyone will ever know.

I agree it has. In my state, we're more dead than alive. My fear is the government will use this and other incidents like it to totally control people.

If they tell me I am responsible for someone else's health because I MIGHT have something that someone else MIGHT catch and that someone else MIGHT die, that's a road I do not even want to travel. Ultimately, I'm not responsible for someone else's health. I've been out through this whole pandemic, even the worst of it. If a person chooses an unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits, why should those of us with healthier immune systems because we embrace healthy lifestyles and nutrition be penalized with the loss of freedom.

This whole thing has gotten so out of hand and am I hallucinating or weren't we told back in March that we would only have to quarantine for 4 weeks to "flatten the curve" and get back to normal. Can we finally admit - they lied.

Seeing a lot of respondents on here saying that they intend the new normal to become normal for them, I have been reflecting on the idea that seems to be gaining increasing support.

That the older, higher risk members of the community, should be shielding and the rest should just be getting on with it as they please.

This would allow herd immunity to become reality fairly quickly, with a low cost of life.

There is no guarantee of low cost of lives while trying to achieve herd immunity.

Healthy individuals and some children who have had this virus are now suffering with long term health conditions.

I agree and I

I agree it has. In my state, we're more dead than alive. My fear is the government will use this and other incidents like it to totally control people.

If they tell me I am responsible for someone else's health because I MIGHT have something that someone else MIGHT catch and that someone else MIGHT die, that's a road I do not even want to travel. Ultimately, I'm not responsible for someone else's health. I've been out through this whole pandemic, even the worst of it. If a person chooses an unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits, why should those of us with healthier immune systems because we embrace healthy lifestyles and nutrition be penalized with the loss of freedom.

This whole thing has gotten so out of hand and am I hallucinating or weren't we told back in March that we would only have to quarantine for 4 weeks to "flatten the curve" and get back to normal. Can we finally admit - they lied.

Not everyone with health conditions has or is living an unhealthy life style. There are many conditions that are hereditary, cancer doesn't care how healthy your lifestyle is and many more conditions don't either

So the vaccine is released what triggers businesses to allow people in their locations without masks? At what point does social distancing end? Will you trust the authorities to declare "all clear"? How many people get flu shots then get the flu?

Back