Not a clue (gender confusion)

Damn righ

I believe most people think that what's between your legs determines your gender identity. It's what is between your ears that determines your perceived gender. Your *******s usually agree with that imprinting. When it doesn't, it's gender dysphoria, and those people are train wrecks-major depressions, unending anxiety, unable to form relationships, suicides, drug addiction, and INTENSE HATRED of their offending *******s. Some believe this is just someone putting on a dress and traipsing through the meadow. It's not, it's devastating. Just think how unsettling it is to meet a person, who dresses as one gender, but has the *******s of another. Now, try being that person.
Yes! Nice to see someone here has taken the time to educate themselves about gender identity and have understanding and compassion. Good for you, fuzzybuddy!

Yes! Nice to see someone here has taken the time to educate themselves about gender identity and have understanding and compassion. Good for you, fuzzybuddy!
But then there's the public perception side...

I agree that any given individual may have an "identity mismatch" so far as being comfortable with their *******ia. This is entirely understandable, but it's only half of the issue, the other half is that the remainer of the public also sees this person, and by long engrained visual cues identifies them as male or female. Since there is no real biological concept of reproductive "heat" in humans, sexual identity has been mostly visual since we started walking upright.

So this is basically hardwired into *everyone else*. Even dysphoric individuals--those who do not feel in concert with their sexual organs--recognize others they see using these same ingrained observations. Without the ability to make this reproductive judgement humanity would be largely unable to reproduce enough to avoid extinction.

So it's how an individual appears, which is at least half of the equation, and if a male individual who is uncomfortable with his reproductive organs wants to portray himself as female, but sufficient visual signals send "male" to most casual observers, they're still going to tend to call him "he".

A good example is the seniors' favorite TV show (I'm kidding, maybe), Jeopardy. A recent longtime champ, Amy Schneider, is a man who is more comfortable as a woman. She seems like a nice person, likable, but within two shows I was telling my wife that "Hey. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a guy. Sure looks that way to me."

But I found I was willing to call him a her, and wondered why that was. It came to this.

Amy Schneider seemed likable and sincere and upbeat enough that it would be a cruelty to insist on calling her "him". It was clear enough to me at least that she was male, and she was not snarkily trying to force me to accept her self-identity (not on TV, anyway) so out of a sense of pity, essentially, calling a him a "her" in this case felt about right.

I viewed it as similar to listening to a little kid talking about a pet dog that you know for a fact was run over by a truck, referring to the dog as having "run away". It's not in me to force a reality check in those kinds of situations.

I viewed it as similar to listening to a little kid talking about a pet dog that you know for a fact was run over by a truck, referring to the dog as having "run away". It's not in me to force a reality check in those kinds of situations.
Like too many things nowadays, (and feeding off your analogy), things are becoming, (in so many areas), tail wagging the dog scenarios.

Oops....seems Aretha Franklin is a target now....

Last edited:
Ohhh, that type of movie.
You know, though, I probably got this wrong.

Man and a Woman was a very idealized and romantic film set in modern France.

Alfie was about a sort of cockney ne'er do well.

They weren't particularly graphic even in those days, and the ratings were different then. It may have been "M" for mature audiences.

They were pretty mainstream, really, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had AA nominations.

Of course, now I have to go check...:)

You know, though, I probably got this wrong.

Man and a Woman was a very idealized and romantic film set in modern France.

Alfie was about a sort of cockney ne'er do well.

They weren't particularly graphic even in those days, and the ratings were different then. It may have been "M" for mature audiences.

They were pretty mainstream, really, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had AA nominations.

Of course, now I have to go check...:)
but movie ratings didn't start til 1968..

Ah, yes.

I found that, too.

View attachment 264352
Note "properly translated and interpreted"...

But hey, it's a free market of ideas, huh?

Next test would be to go to your local mainstream synagogue and try it out.
It appears these people haven't read the Bible, or if they have, they're cherry-picking it as many Christians do. I guess they've skipped over the parts where women are stoned to death for committing adultery (men aren't), are forced to marry their rapists, aren't allowed to speak when in temples
Ah, yes.

I found that, too.

View attachment 264352
Note "properly translated and interpreted"...

But hey, it's a free market of ideas, huh?

Next test would be to go to your local mainstream synagogue and try it out.
It appears these people are cherry-picking the Bible, which is common among Christians. They're conveniently ignoring the parts in which woman are stoned to death for committing adultery (men aren't), are forced to marry their rapists, are not allowed to speak in temples/churches, and the list goes on. "Properly translated and interpreted?" Not sure how one could possibly misinterpret the misogyny that is rife within the Bible.

It appears these people haven't read the Bible, or if they have, they're cherry-picking it as many Christians do. I guess they've skipped over the parts where women are stoned to death for committing adultery (men aren't), are forced to marry their rapists, aren't allowed to speak when in temples

It appears these people are cherry-picking the Bible, which is common among Christians. They're conveniently ignoring the parts in which woman are stoned to death for committing adultery (men aren't), are forced to marry their rapists, are not allowed to speak in temples/churches, and the list goes on. "Properly translated and interpreted?" Not sure how one could possibly misinterpret the misogyny that is rife within the Bible.
Cripes, Cat. That screen capture was from *your* link to CBE International. It's under the "About Us" menu selection. "Our Mission and Values":

https://www.cbeinternational.org/primary_page/about-cbe/

Let's call it quits right now. We're even as far as I'm concerned.

Cripes, Cat. That screen capture was from *your* link to CBE International. It's under the "About Us" menu selection. "Our Mission and Values":

https://www.cbeinternational.org/primary_page/about-cbe/

Let's call it quits right now. We're even as far as I'm concerned.
I know what it says in the "About Us" section. I didn't say I agreed with it. The first link I posted was about "feminine imagery of god in the Hebrew Bible," which was the topic of our discussion. It's all nonsense anyway, so yeah...calling it quits is a good idea. :)

They're conveniently ignoring the parts in which woman are stoned to death for committing adultery (men aren't)
Seems cherries are in season

This one's rather ripe for the picking;

Leviticus 20:10 KJV​

10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Last edited:
Seems cherries are in season

This one's rather ripe for the picking;

Leviticus 20:10 KJV​

10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
If they put adulterers to death now, the streets would be littered with bodies - mostly of celebrities, doctors & cops. 😂

The media is making people mentally sick! Common sense is gone. Don't believe me? The USA has had 7 mass shooting just this month and the month isn't over yet!

You worry about pronouns? Canadians worry about which one of the 73 genders they might be. Crazies are on the media demanding that special toilets be built for them as they are not "comfortable" entering bathrooms with signs "men/women." Go figure!

Attachments

• Men or Women.gif
    Men or Women.gif
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
I never liked the SNL Pat skits. But there is Phil Hartman. He was so talented and funny. What a useless tragedy his death was.

Now here's a question: If someone asks you what YOUR pronouns are, what would you say? For me, I won't play that either. My brain is still filled with processing too much trauma, not going there. And I'd probably give them such an answer they wouldn't like.

I would probably say something like, “pronouns as a form of identity now seem so old fashioned to me, and I have personally moved on to using adjectives…” That’s progress for you.

Last edited:
Back