Not a clue (gender confusion)

I'm seeing these gender identifiers more often these days, like "they/them." It's done out of respect for those whose who don't identify with the traditional male/female genders. I like that society is becoming more inclusive. :)

It's all his fault.
Her fault.
This person's fault.

Polar Unsicher Herumlaufen bruce jenner wheaties box Süßigkeiten Wirtschaft  Fragment

I'm seeing these gender identifiers more often these days, like "they/them." It's done out of respect for those whose who don't identify with the traditional male/female genders. I like that society is becoming more inclusive. :)
My viewpoint:
Everybody deserves respect.
If a person needs help, find help for the person.
However, I also believe all of this has gone way too far in terms of trying to pull nearly the entire population into it, and especially little kids. I mean the toys a child likes to play with, etc., has nothing to do with 'gender.' I think the stereotypical 'gender roles' has a lot to do with this problem. and I personally have always thought stereotypical gender roles to be stupid and pointless.

My viewpoint:
Everybody deserves respect.
If a person needs help, find help for the person.
However, I also believe all of this has gone way too far in terms of trying to pull nearly the entire population into it, and especially little kids. I mean the toys a child likes to play with, etc., has nothing to do with 'gender.' I think the stereotypical 'gender roles' has a lot to do with this problem. and I personally have always thought stereotypical gender roles to be stupid and pointless.
I admit it does get confusing keeping up with all the identifiers...LGBTQ and all the "plus" ones. But, it makes no difference to me how people prefer to be addressed. I also agree that stereotypical gender roles are pointless. If a boy wants to play with a doll, or if a girl wants to play with a toy tool kit, they should be allowed to. :)

I don't get the meaning of that badge. She/her are third person pronouns, which means you would never use them when speaking to Judith anyway. You'd use "you." So, how would she ever know, or why would she care, what you call her when speaking to someone else?
Not necessarily. Let's say you're in a store and a sales person asked if someone was helping you. If another person had been helping you, you'd point to that person and say, "Yes, he/she/they (whatever is appropriate) have been, thanks."

Not necessarily. Let's say you're in a store and a sales person asked if someone was helping you. If another person had been helping you, you'd point to that person and say, "Yes, he/she/they (whatever is appropriate) have been, thanks."
But that throws English grammar off even more.. if someone is he or she, it's 'has,' but they would be 'have.'
Plus another I ran into online recently: Themself.
GAHHHHH.

Back