Notes from Pappy's diary

Was looking through some old photos yesterday, and came across this one of me and my uncle Don. I think we were on our way up our hill to gather field stone for his house. My family were stone masons and the outside of their homes were stone.
We sure have come a long way on improving garden tractors. Photo was late 40s. Notice Dons custom seat.

Attachments

• IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 49
Nice picture, Pappy. Was that milk can on a sled?

I like old pictures. :)

Last edited:
Yes, Nancy. Just an old milk can left over from when my great grandpa had a few cows. We still had, ducks, goats and chickens when this was taken.
Heres an old photo of me and my cousins. I'm second from left and whoever wrote on this, got my name wrong. Did you ever see such sad looking kids before? Maybe someone had yelled...bath time. :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_6992.jpg
    IMG_6992.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 43
Was looking through some old photos yesterday, and came across this one of me and my uncle Don. I think we were on our way up our hill to gather field stone for his house. My family were stone masons and the outside of their homes were stone.
We sure have come a long way on improving garden tractors. Photo was late 40s. Notice Dons custom seat.

Your photo reminded me of just how much I hated to wear jeans with rolled up pant legs and hearing my mother say. "You'll grow into 'em!"

A while back, we decided to remove these ugly bushes from the front of the house. Everywhere they touched the house, it turned black. In fact, so bad, I had to re paint the front again.
This is almost the finished product. Much improved if I say so my self.

Attachments

• IMG_6860.jpg
    IMG_6860.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 34
Great job, Pappy! I like your lighthouse!
serveimage

I must admit, it took us quite a while to finish. Several trips to Lowes for stone and neither my wife or I are much good lifting things anymore. I hope it stays nice and white. I don't want to do it again. Now...to clean up the back yard from two messy huge pine trees.

A doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.) is a fully trained and licensed doctor who has attended and graduated from a U.S. osteopathic medical school. A doctor of medicine (M.D.) has attended and graduated from a conventional (allopathic) medical school.[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]Jan 14, 2016[/COLOR]

IMG_2151.JPG My two granddaughters and their husbands, visited Japan where their father, my son, and DIL are now working for the NSA. The couple in the middle are just friends with my granddaughters and went with them. Looks like they are having a great time.

Haven't heard on the CT scan yet. I guess if anything was drastic, I would have been informed.

Eye exam today. Start of cataracts but nowhere near surgery on them. They found pressure to be too high so back for more tests for glaucoma. My mother had it so I am a good prospect for glaucoma.

Today was absolutly beautiful. High 70's and low humidity. Our club house is putting on their annual Veterans breakfast. Free to all us vets and a school choir will be there to sing some war songs. Our family would get together, with grandma banging on the piano, and sing war songs like: Over There, She's a grand old Flag and many others. Grandma hit a lot of wrong notes but nobody cared.:rolleyes:

Good morning Pappy, I hope you hear from you scan soon. It does seem to take awhile for those things to get results. I sometimes wonder if they are laying on someones desk. :confused: My calendar is full of appointments also. I see so many homes that don't have a calendar up on the wall and I wonder how they keep it all together..

It's a beautiful day in Missouri today with the high close to 80, so I am going to go get a much needed haircut and enjoy the day. Have a good one!!

Back