Oh...it’s so irritating...

439ecc7f2fa805bdb05d36b310b2f82d.jpg

1601121962749.jpeg

It irritates me when people usually young people wonder what the big deal is when they fail to keep up their end of a bargain with me or the rest of the world.

What's the big deal it's only $20 bucks.

What's the big deal if I'm 15 minutes late.

What's the big deal if I scraped your fender.

What's the big deal if my car insurance lapsed.

I suppose it all comes under the heading of a lack of personal responsibility.

I wrote a thread about a police shooting. I started to read about the incident fairly early on. What I noticed was the increasing misinformation articles. For instance, initially 11 witnesses said under oath the the police did not knock on the door. But later an article said there was one witness, who said otherwise. In a later articles it was, now, witnesses, who supposedly said otherwise. The murdered woman had no criminal record of any kind, but then she was "living with thugs". You could trace the misinformation as it got broader, and more partisan. What angered me was the intentional use of misinformation so that nothing about the story could be considered as a true fact. It was just some fabricated biased opinion. How are we supposed to understand the world around us, if we can't trust our facts?

Sorry, I'm a very irritable person. Next on my top 10,000 things that irritate me is those lousy "shut your ad blocker off" news stories. I'm finding that these "news" stories are just hyped lures to get you to their site. "The ten most expensive homes", "The real story in the White House", I have an ad blocker because I don't want to clutter my life with your lousy ads,

Wow. Glad I don't look at life or younger people through the prism of irritation. Bummer for those who do.

Seniors who practice ageism against the young have no grounds to gripe when it's pointed against them. It's ugly, unfair and prejudicial regardless of who's on the giving and receiving ends.

The vocal fry thing irritates me to the point of turning radio broadcasts off, and if I'm watching a YouTube video and come across it, it spells the end for me. I immediately stop watching the video and move onto another.

Another for me... sagging, drooping pants that show crack and underpants! Why? Aside from it looking ridiculous, I can't imagine it being comfortable. Reminds me of my kids diaper days...

Wow. Glad I don't look at life or younger people through the prism of irritation. Bummer for those who do.

Seniors who practice ageism against the young have no grounds to gripe when it's pointed against them. It's ugly, unfair and prejudicial regardless of who's on the giving and receiving ends.
I like to think older, more mature folks along the lines of us here at SF, aren't out to look for infractions or shortcomings in order to pick apart and judge every little detail of today's younger generation, but being old-fashioned as so many of us are, we simply view things in a different light as compared to our younger and growing years.

But what do I know, because from all that I hear, older people smell. :)

Not much at all really. I envy their youth and vitality. The only irritant is how they are always staring mindlessly into a device but old folks do that too. I almost hit a guy walking through the grocery store parking lot this morn cuz he was staring at his phone while I was backing up and moving forward trying to watch six directions at once. He was older than I am, so no excuses.

Ads that tell me to check out movie recommendations when the reviewers are 30 years (or more) my junior. They don't know anything about movies. If it doesn't have constant action and an asinine plot, they don't like it, so I don't care one iota what their recommendations are.

That vocal fry thing has been irritating to me for a long time now, though I never knew there was a name for it. I just sort of (mentally) called it
"that kvetchy voice." As if she is saying, "Oh, poooor me!" It's almost always a young women, I haven't noticed young men doing it. Or maybe it doesn't bother me when they do.

I think I’ll change my board name to Curmudgeonette. . Irritated that all the TV movies and programs being reviewed & talked about & getting “awards” are all about violence & supernatural, and people have to pat a lot extra on cable to even get them.

Back