Old Family Picture

Here is an original picture taken in 1933,it shows my father,2 brothers and a sister along with myg/mother and gg/grandmother,as a youngster the picture was on the wall by the front porch.It was on the wall from 1933 until 1976 when my aunt moved house only to be put back up in the new house until 2003 I have it over my desk now.

Attachments

• img241.jpg
    img241.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 4
As a youngster I spent a lot of time with the American kids fathers were in the forces stationed near my village,two kids I remember came from Texas and two came from Kansas --this pic from Poppy reminds me very much like the kids at the base--happy days.

My Niece just sent me a photo of my Mom,my sister and me. It's funny I don't remember seeing it before. I guess it was either my communion day or conformation day because I had on my white dress. When my parents passed away my niece took all their pictures,so I loved seeing it.

93350607_10216695584927015_4183372152885477376_o.jpg

Oh Pinky your Mom was Beautiful.
Awww, thanks Sassy .. as most kids do with their moms, we put her on a pedestal. She was always very sweet to our friends, and never ever said anything negative about anyone.

I love seeing your family photos. Everyone looks so happy :) You seem to have had a good childhood.

Love this thread! I have photos of family, some over 150 years old - and no idea who most of the folks are, since few got labeled - also, they took casket photos and cemetery photos. Perhaps it was the only time they got so many family members together.

My Niece just sent me a photo of my Mom,my sister and me. It's funny I don't remember seeing it before. I guess it was either my communion day or conformation day because I had on my white dress. When my parents passed away my niece took all their pictures,so I loved seeing it.

View attachment 99657
Odd - I didn't look nearly as happy in my communion pic! But, I do remember my eventual joy, because family and friends gifted money to me!

Awww, thanks Sassy .. as most kids do with their moms, we put her on a pedestal. She was always very sweet to our friends, and never ever said anything negative about anyone.

I love seeing your family photos. Everyone looks so happy :) You seem to have had a good childhood.

I did have a great childhood with the best parents in the world. After I looked at the picture again I realized that my much older brother was in the Service and his wife had just had their first baby. So I was already an Aunt in that picture,

Back