Old Lady Facial Hair

I couldn't help but notice at the senior's club meeting yesterday, how many women have long hairs on their face. One woman I used to deliver meals-on-wheels to had ones so long they curled up and over her chin - I wanted to grab them and yank them out. I keep after mine and do stray hair patrol evey few days and pluck out any I can see or feel. Am I OCD about this, or don't other women consider it necessary to do this grooming procedure?

Image result for parts of outer ear

This is so disgusting. It's really gross getting old. See where it says 'antihelix?' About a year ago, I started to sprout hairs on my antihelix! I can't see them, I can feel them. My son used tweezers to help me. I felt sorry for him, but grateful! He said they are so fine he can only see them when the light hits a certain way. They are almost colorless. I've never seen this on anyone before, ever. I "groomed" my mom and her mom in chin area, but I never saw this outer ear stuff. Why me, God? When I first realized it, I just sighed "Now what, what's next?" What a revolting development this is!

Well I’m OCD about any facial hairs but I know what you mean. Over the last little while I’ve seen far more older people than I ever thought I’d possibly see and yes many have annoying long hairs on their face which they seem oblivious of. I agree with Wren in saying that most are either completely unaware of it or no longer care.

Note: only annoying due to my ocd 🤪
And YES deb. You are ocd about some stuff. Often the things we are ocd about regarding ourselves we notice more on others.
It can be annoying ... yes 🤣 but usually only to us. 😬

Last edited:
This erratic hair behavior is just one more item that proves that God has a sense of humor.
But yes, it can get rather gross and it is a distraction.
They're just a remnant of our hirsute past. I'd like to know why we still have hair on the head (aside of some baldness) and the armpits and the groin area. Anybody have the answer? I had hair on my arms and legs and after menopause I haven't had to shave my legs anymore, but started getting those annoying hairs around my chin area. I just pluck them or use Nair.

Image result for parts of outer ear

This is so disgusting. It's really gross getting old. See where it says 'antihelix?' About a year ago, I started to sprout hairs on my antihelix! I can't see them, I can feel them. My son used tweezers to help me. I felt sorry for him, but grateful! He said they are so fine he can only see them when the light hits a certain way. They are almost colorless. I've never seen this on anyone before, ever. I "groomed" my mom and her mom in chin area, but I never saw this outer ear stuff. Why me, God? When I first realized it, I just sighed "Now what, what's next?" What a revolting development this is!
I found this about the outer ear =
Structure.—The auricula is composed of a thin plate of yellow fibrocartilage, covered with integument, and connected to the surrounding parts by ligaments and muscles; and to the commencement of the external acoustic meatus by fibrous tissue.

The skin is thin, closely adherent to the cartilage, and covered with fine hairs furnished with sebaceous glands, which are most numerous in the concha and scaphoid fossa. On the tragus and antitragus the hairs are strong and numerous. The skin of the auricula is continuous with that lining the external acoustic meatus.

https://theodora.com/anatomy/the_external_ear.html

Back