Old Lady Facial Hair

Full head of hair. Begins and ends there. Always was the hairless wonder. My mom too. My sister isn't so lucky.
Ditto - My problem is hair loss, not growth. My head is still full, but my lashes thinned. I have almost zero body hair and the few I get are too light to see unless sunlight hits them in just the right way. If I did get facial hair, I would definitely remove it!

I think it's very sad to see elderly ladies with this problem, they may not realise or even know what to do about it, a little hair removal cream would solve it in minutes but a lot of carers/families seem to think it doesn't matter....
Some of us are lucky in that we wear masks to cover those facial hairs. :cool:b5dbfbfb988474e6fabc507c70a35531[1].jpg

Last edited:
All I can say on this subject is that I fight it daily. Believe me, it is no myth that it will grow back stronger and darker or gray. I have tried all things and it grows back fast. I have one of those small razor things that is made for doing this and use it daily. Do I ever go out with those nasty hairs showing? Yes, sometimes I forget or need to be somewhere. I think it is hormonal and part of the aging process. I saw a woman at Walmart who had a beautiful mustache and didn't seem concerned about it. Not for me!
Perhaps she is a relative of the late, Frida Kahlo?

Last edited:
I started losing hair about 10 years ago. Even went to a Dermatologist to see what was causing the hair loss and it was determined that it was hereditary. They even took a biopsy; not fun.

Well, anyway, the CEO of a hospital I was employed at noticed I was losing hair and was concerned. I don't know why I said what I did.. but, it was my crazy sense of humor coming out. I said to her, "Yep, I have more pubic hair than actual hair on my head." Her face was priceless. Thank goodness she liked me.🥴

Last edited:
I started losing hair about 10 years ago. Even went to a Dermatologist to see what was causing the hair loss and it was determined that it was hereditary. They even took a biopsy; not fun.

Well, anyway, the CEO of a hospital I was employed at noticed I was losing hair and was concerned. I don't know why I said what I did.. but, it was my crazy sense of humor coming out. I said to her, "Yep, I have more pubic hair than actual hair on my head." Her face was priceless. Thank goodness she liked me.🥴
So, there you have it... my hair loss (head) regrew in my pubic area. LOL I'm so delirious... been sleepy for hours.

I've seen Epilators advertized, didn't know anyone who used one. Good info.
The glory of getting older.....shaving less, plucking more.....3 silly hairs i keep plucked on my chin.....underarms, thinning, still have growth to shave......legs, just here and there spots.
Luckily.....no hair growth in odd places during menopause.
I guess there's meds out there for relief during meno, but i read, side effects could promote hair growth in bad places.....stayed clear of those.
Managed just fine without them......not sure about the people i was around, mabe their opinion of my moods may differ.
Sad about some women's head hair thinning badly......makes me feel guilty when i get my haircut ever 9 weeks.....and always have some thinning done......Sorry gal.
I'm going to check out that device.

I daily check for and remove any of those pesky chin whiskers. What I hate is now some gray hairs are sprouting in my eyebrows. My brows have been overtweezed and are fairly thin so trying to remove those gray hairs without pulling the normally colored ones is difficult. The joys of getting older.

Thank you, I shall. Be well and happy yourself as much as you can. That's all that life gives us. Think young. At 71, I do that.
Me too.....At 75 I'm happy to be alive....My Mom died at 70 yrs. old...
And I have a hair, on my chinny chin chin....It's my business....I'll take it off in the shower tonight....
My husband couldn't care less if I have hair on my chinny chin chin and some other places....

I am experimenting with spearmint tea. Have any of you ladies, heard of this remedy for removing facial hair? In studies done in Turkey, it showed it worked so I thought it won't hurt to try it. The tea is good anyway if it doesn't work. Two cups a day.

I am experimenting with spearmint tea. Have any of you ladies, heard of this remedy for removing facial hair? In studies done in Turkey, it showed it worked so I thought it won't hurt to try it. The tea is good anyway if it doesn't work. Two cups a day.

I'd not heard of that one. Do let us know how it goes.

Back