old toys

mattell shoot n shell, this fired a little plastic piece using pistol caps. I had a jump rope and sidewalk skates, rump rump over the cracks... marbles and aggies... was not into sports. game called operation where you used tweezers to retrieve a play piece without touching the metal sides and sounding the alarm..

We rarely got any toys bought for us, when we did it was always something small that was unlikely to last more than a day... but I always yearned for one of these...
0f9abda686fd4ac4811a4afdf2ef911e.jpg
I never did get a bike of my own when I was a child, much less with 'storage'... but hey I wouldn't turn down the offer of an adult version today...:D

We rarely got any toys bought for us, when we did it was always something small that was unlikely to last more than a day... but I always yearned for one of these...
I never did get a bike of my own when I was a child, much less with 'storage'... but hey I wouldn't turn down the offer of an adult version today...:D
I've never seen anything like that before!

Jumprope, jacks, marbles, stilts. We played hopscotch, Simon Says and hide &seek-- none of which required props. My Dad hung a trapeze from a tree near the riverbank and we could swing out over the water to dive in. Our bikes were always second hand but Dad would paint them and make them seem like new.

When i was a toddler he made a just my size picnic table, and a small rocking chair the sides of which were like swans with the necks supporting the back of rhe rocker. Don't even have photos cause they were lost in the fire when i was 8.

For my fifth birthday i got a bunch of 'cowgirl' gifts from relatives we were visiting in NJ: Western hat, vest, holster belt and cap gun set which was almost as heavy as a real one. Dropped it on one of my big toes and that caused me to lose the toenail for a while.

Last edited:
The Duncan yoyo was "the thing" for a while.

Lincoln logs, an erector set, tinker toys . . . anything I could build with.
OMG, i forgot about the yoyos.
i didn't have 'building' sets till i was 11 or 12. i had Lincoln Logs and and a plastic building set that was called American Bricks or the like. Most of the pieces were made to look like bricks, they interlocked and the sets included window and door lintels, frames.

I have a 3 foot tall, like new, Raggedy Ann doll that my now teen-age granddaughters never liked or wanted ..... so it sits in my closet.

Would like to find someone who would really like it.. :giggle:

I have a 3 foot tall, like new, Raggedy Ann doll that my now teen-age granddaughters never liked or wanted ..... so it sits in my closet.

Would like to find someone who would really like it.. :giggle:
If it‘s like new you could list it on a local online selling site. Put the price high enough that it’ll be someone who loves it is the purchaser.

Little things bring a smile to my face and a memory, this is one of them because I had one of these bikes. My friends and I decided that we wanted to go to London, we were very young and given the terrain we managed quite a few miles. Our parents never knew.

Back