Online nurses for Diabetes

Just had my online Diabetic nurse call me and screamed at me over my high BG. She said need to go to the ER right now or die. I send in everyday my BG to this online nurse. The problem of ER they just give me insulin that I can give myself at home.

I love bacon, eggs , sausage and coffee which is good for a diabetic nurse told me.

When it comes to high blood sugar, some doctors & nurses are really stupid. I've heard an RN say "If your blood sugar is 350, go to the ER." Some doctors actually think 250 is a medical emergency.
I've heard Dr. Oz (who belongs in the Wizard of Oz) say, "Whenever blood sugar is over 100, it causes your arteries to be shredded with each heartbeat."

Maybe if he didn't, he could have made it to his 80's or even 90's.

But if he enjoyed the time he had ? Which is the more important? Face it ...... only he can answer that question. Living 10/20 more years of depriving ourselves , and being miserable to some degree, doesn't sound like much of a life too me.

Just watch, in a few years all the alarm numbers as well as OK numbers regarding BG, are likely to change. Just like cholesterol, just like 'don't eat eggs', avoid coffee, etc. We are all different & our bodies all react differently to just about everything..........jmo

There happens to be a doctor on radio just now, talking about this very thing.

I don't believe, @rgp, in life at any cost. If one is deprived, or in pain, or saddled with terrible loneliness, I would ponder if a longer existence is worth it. But for a can of coke & cupcakes? Not sure, as you say only the individual can answer that.

There are many who die for the love of cigarettes. I was one, and I know others. I still wish I could smoke.

When I was diagnosed Diabetic II, in 2008 after a full physical exam, my bg was 320. After my doctor found this out, he called me immediately and asked me to meet him that day. He prescribed me the proper med and testing stuff. Now my bg average is around 140/150.
My wife is also a Diabetic II and takes the same med I do. Her bg numbers are primarily the same as mine.

I don't believe, @rgp, in life at any cost. If one is deprived, or in pain, or saddled with terrible loneliness, I would ponder if a longer existence is worth it. But for a can of coke & cupcakes? Not sure, as you say only the individual can answer that.

There are many who die for the love of cigarettes. I was one, and I know others. I still wish I could smoke.
Just an FYI from a former smoker: No smoker actually likes cigarettes. What happens is this: Once you're addicted to nicotine, when you go without a cigarette for a certain amount of time, you start to feel withdrawal symptoms which are very unpleasant. The only way to relieve them is to have a cigarette. That "relief" is often misinterpreted as "enjoyment."

@win231
Nope. I loved cigarettes, I loved to smoke them. I smoked menthol. To me, the taste & feel were delicious. Loved the smell of the smoke, too, although I realize very few probably did. There was a time, for a joke, I would smoke 2 cigarettes at once. I loved that double blast. I only stopped that nonsense because it looked so ridiculous.

Just an FYI from a former smoker: No smoker actually likes cigarettes. What happens is this: Once you're addicted to nicotine, when you go without a cigarette for a certain amount of time, you start to feel withdrawal symptoms which are very unpleasant. The only way to relieve them is to have a cigarette. That "relief" is often misinterpreted as "enjoyment."
I agree. I'm a former smoker and I recall that the taste was disgusting--quit almost 2 years ago.

Same reason a drug addict would stick a needle into his veins. Addiction.
There is a lot of joy and euphoria to addictive drugs in the beginning. Actually, countries like Switzerland treat addicts as those with a medical issue that can be balanced with real life, like having a career, an education, etc.

I have heard over & over that it is easier to quit heroin than tobacco.

There is a lot of joy and euphoria to addictive drugs in the beginning. Actually, countries like Switzerland treat addicts as those with a medical issue that can be balanced with real life, like having a career, an education, etc.

I've heard that, too. I didn't believe it until I quit, then I became a believer.
It took three attempts & all the stubbornness I have & I have a lot.

delete

Back