Our Voluptuous Women

If you have followed the stories of Adele and Rebel Wilson who lost weight ......for their health not career .... they were attacked on social media for LOSING weight..
because those who said they were fans did not like them thin...... they wanted them FAT so the overweight fans have some one to look to and identify with on TV/ movies...
Sadly, Marvin Lee Aday, thought that losing weight would lose him both fans and recognition. He eventually lost over seventy pounds but it wasn't enough. His three hundred pound weight was about double that of which his organs, and his heart in particular, are capable of servicing. Nonetheless, living seventy-four years, most of which was on a rock & roll lifestyle ain't bad. You're wondering who he is, are you not? He's more commonly known as: Meat Loaf.

Gabourey Sidibe
View attachment 249603

I feel bad if we don't include Men
View attachment 249604

Well, to sound.......polite, we can change the meaning of "Voluptuous" all we want, but there is nothing voluptuous about anyone who is morbidly obese. And there is nothing attractive about it, either. Also nothing attractive about a much-shorter lifespan. And there is a huge difference between someone who is 20, 30, or even 50 lbs. overweight (like the guy in the blue shirt, pictured above) & someone who is over 100 - 200 lbs overweight (like the woman pictured above).
I wanted to be clear on the meaning of "Voluptuous," (since it's so often used) so I looked it up.
What does voluptuous girl mean?
A voluptuous woman has a soft, curved, sexually attractive body: a voluptuous body/mouth/figure.

Well, to sound.......polite, we can change the meaning of "Voluptuous" all we want, but there is nothing voluptuous about anyone who is morbidly obese. And there is nothing attractive about it, either. Also nothing attractive about a much-shorter lifespan. And there is a huge difference between someone who is 20, 30, or even 50 lbs. overweight (like the guy in the blue shirt, pictured above) & someone who is over 100 - 200 lbs overweight (like the woman pictured above).
I wanted to be clear on the meaning of "Voluptuous," (since it's so often used) so I looked it up.
A voluptuous woman has a soft, curved, sexually attractive body: a voluptuous body/mouth/figure.

There are some who state that Sidibe and Lizzo try to capitalize on their weight. Use it to their advantage, grossly or morbidly obese health and appearance not withstanding.

SOme women just look better (to me) with about 20 or 30 'extra' pounds. Half the time, in those before and after pictures with the women in bathing suits, the heavier picture is sexier. Go figure. AM I the only who thinks this way? All depends on the bone structure. Same with dudes, depends on the bone structure, no ?

iu

thanks George, but my Hands really are ugly...
IMG-2824.jpg
Okay Holly, if you really believe this, I have a nice quote for you. Two sentences from "Justine", the first book of Lawrence Durrell's "Alexandria Quartet". In the beginning of part two he writes on "Balthazar", one of the characters:
"It is a mystery how he can have, suspended from his trunk, hands of such monstrous ugliness. I would long since have cut them off and thrown them into the sea."

A voluptuous woman has a soft, curved, ******ly attractive body: a voluptuous body/mouth/figure.
Why not say a 'BBW'? It's much shorter than 'voluptuous'.

Back