Our Voluptuous Women

Men don't go through the hormonal swings that women do .. often resulting in fluctuating weight that can be hard to control. Also, there is PCOS, which is no picnic.

Hopefully, the day will come when we all are simply appreciated for our accomplishments, character, and not, how much we weigh.

I'd like to see women of all sizes, appreciated for who they are, not how much they weigh.
Appreciated, yes; encouraged, no.

I'd like to see women (and others) be healthy and alive.. which is a heck of a lot more important than this 'self-esteem' malarky.

Worse, in my opinion, is the message young kids are getting from all of this.. like ads and websites that say 'This is what REAL women look like!'
Anorexia could debilitate and even kill faster, but presenting obesity as the ideal is going to result in more and more people coping with all kinds of serious problems from heart disease to diabetes on a longterm basis.

Appreciated, yes; encouraged, no.

I'd like to see women (and others) be healthy and alive.. which is a heck of a lot more important than this 'self-esteem' malarky.

Worse, in my opinion, is the message young kids are getting from all of this.. like ads and websites that say 'This is what REAL women look like!'
Anorexia could debilitate and even kill faster, but presenting obesity as the ideal is going to result in more and more people coping with all kinds of serious problems from heart disease to diabetes on a longterm basis.
I believe it has less to do with presenting obesity as an ideal, and more to do with hopefully preventing crippling issues of low self esteem, frequently leading to substance abuse, and all too

often suicide. Many of these young people don’t make it out of adolescence. Too many times I have sat with grieving families who have lost children to drugs or suicide.

Last edited:
Adele is beautiful, now that she has slimmed down....Now, we're waiting for her to begin "touring" again. We saw one of her shows about 5 years ago, and she remains our favorite.

It's pretty normal for Seniors to put on some extra pounds, and we age, and slow down, but there is No shortage of people, of all ages, and both genders, whose belly circumference exceeds their height. They are responsible for a major share of our health care issues.

Gary, I am curious? Are you a naturally slim person? I present as slender, but, ever since I was very young, I have exercised regularly. As a dancer, I am very fit, yet, if I

regularly eat more than 1 1/2 healthy meals a day, I gain weight. My mother could eat anything she wished right on into her nineties, she ate more than I, lol. My tall,

handsome father was considerably overweight. Like him, I have the fat gene. Every Xmas, I gain ten pounds, takes months for it to disappear.

Gary, I am curious? Are you a naturally slim person? I present as slender, but, ever since I was very young, I have exercised regularly. As a dancer, I am very fit, yet, if I

regularly eat more than 1 1/2 healthy meals a day, I gain weight. My mother could eat anything she wished right on into her nineties, she ate more than I, lol. My tall,

handsome father was considerably overweight. Like him, I have the fat gene. Every Xmas, I gain ten pounds, takes months for it to disappear.

relax folks, I was just trolling. But it's true those women aren't voluptuous, they are obese. They might be wonderful people and I'm not saying they aren't attractive but they're obese. Some of the pictures posted later are actual voluptuous women.
vo·lup·tu·ous
[vəˈləp(t)SH(o͞o)əs]

ADJECTIVE
  1. curvaceous and sexually attractive (typically used of a woman).
    synonyms:
    curvaceous · shapely · opulent · full-figured · well formed·
    [more]

It's not about whether or not they LOOK good. It isn't HEALTHY to be overweight. Still, they are adults so it's their decision.:confused:
john-candy.jpg
You are right. John Candy was convinced his weight was his calling card for work. He couldn't do much when it was the grim reaper who called.

This is voluptuous
This, not so much
I like them both, but Peggy looks a bit too skinny to me.
As with everything, there are limits
Not very flattering photos, but may not be bad looking women in a better light.
I like Lizzo!
It's not about whether or not they LOOK good. It isn't HEALTHY to be overweight.
Good point, and that is what it comes down to. I enjoy looking at these women, but their health is more important.

If you have followed the stories of Adele and Rebel Wilson who lost weight ......for their health not career .... they were attacked on social media for LOSING weight..
because those who said they were fans did not like them thin...... they wanted them FAT so the overweight fans have some one to look to and identify with on TV/ movies...
I do not know about others here but i never felt i had to see someone exactly like me to enjoy entertainment........ i think the self esteem group is in overdrive and simply want overweight entertainers so the average folks do not really think they are heavy ..
MAYBE the thought is . "see this person or that person on stage/ movies they are close to my size i am OK" that is a RATIONALIZATION not self esteem

Last edited:
Personally for me I do not like myself with extra pounds. I am tall 5'8" and look like The Hulk if I gain too much.

We all need to accept our bodies for what they are, and that goes for both men and women.
I don't like myself with extra pounds either. I feel self-conscious and just do not enjoy shopping for clothes as much. I am trying to figure out who, what, where caused me to be programmed to feel this way...maybe I will start a new thread...I'm 5'6" and have been up and down and prefer down 🤗
I am happy they are making stylish plus-sized dresses

I'd like to see women of all sizes, appreciated for who they are, not how much they weigh.
I totally agree and I feel most of the time I can accept others no matter what but when it comes to me I am still too critical..weight, clothes, hair , makeup, etc...I work on relaxing my views but struggle. I certainly am far from perfect but can not seem to give up some habits. I still will not go anywhere without fixing my is mostly when it comes to piercings and tattoos...I am working on accepting it is none of my business what others want on their bodies.. 🤗

Back