Our wedding tattoos!

😂😂😂

Well I’m pushing 70 so it’s unlikely I’m going to get married and then divorced in what’s left of my lifetime 😂 Not to mention the fact that I’ve been single for a loooong time because I never found anyone till now that I could stand the idea of marrying. So I think I picked my forever man. 💕

But even if that should happen, A. It’s still a cool tattoo and B. It’s not dense and there’s no color so a cover up with another, deeply meaningful tattoo will be easily accomplished.
Yeah well get yourself some band aids just in case you start dating again. :p

And if the worst did happen, it's far better than Jim, or Bill, etc. surrounded by a heart. Everyone's prints look somewhat the same so there'd be no need for a "cover up".

Only you two will know the real meaning behind the tats.

Having said that, I have to admit to coming from the generation that seemingly only saw anchors and a girls name, and mostly from sea-faring men. Different world today. Some of our kids and grandkids have them and it's the new world, for better or worse. :)

Ronni
Please accept my apology for offending you regarding my post (#19) it may well have been a primitive knee-jerk response.
Unfortunately, my opinion remains as posted.
Regardless, I choose not to consciously offend other's opinions, though i often err.
Sorry

Ronni
Please accept my apology for offending you regarding my post (#19) it may well have been a primitive knee-jerk response.
Unfortunately, my opinion remains as posted.
Regardless, I choose not to consciously offend other's opinions, though i often err.
Sorry
Thanks very much @jerry old....I appreciate you apologizing, and am touched that you would. 💕 and of course I accept it.

Peace, friend. ✌

😂😂😂

Well I’m pushing 70 so it’s unlikely I’m going to get married and then divorced in what’s left of my lifetime 😂 Not to mention the fact that I’ve been single for a loooong time because I never found anyone till now that I could stand the idea of marrying. So I Feel pretty safe in saying that I’ve picked my forever man. 💕

But even if that should happen, A. It’s still a cool tattoo and B. It’s not dense and there’s no color so a cover up with another, deeply meaningful tattoo will be easily accomplished.
Hey, not so fast. A 71 y/o lady just divorced her husband maybe 6 months ago. Her family thought she was beginning dementia or Alzheimer’s. The daughter wanted her mother committed for testing, but the lady’s attorney wasn’t able to convince the judge that she wasn’t running on all cylinders. The judge allowed the divorce to proceed. Her reason for wanting a divorce was, “I’m tired of him.” She told the judge, “I get up in the morning, he’s there. I have breakfast, lunch and dinner, he’s there. I get in bed at night and he’s still there. After 51 years of this, I need a change.“

Last edited:
Hey, not so fast. A 71 y/o lady just divorced her husband maybe 6 months ago. Her family thought she was beginning dementia or Alzheimer’s. The daughter wanted her mother committed for testing, but the lady’s attorney was able to convict he judge that she was running on all cylinders. The judge allowed the divorce to proceed. Her reason for wanting a divorce was, “I’m tired of him.” She told the judge, “I get up in the morning, he’s there. I have breakfast, lunch and dinner, he’s there. I get in bed at night and he’s still there. After 51 years of this, I need a change.“
😂😂😂

Well, hmmm. Let me do the math. After 51 years of wedded bliss, at which point maybe I’ll be tired of the marriage, I’ll be 118 and he’ll be 124.

@911 I think I’ll take my chances! 😂

Last edited:
😂😂😂

Well, hmmm. Let me do the math. After 51 years of wedded bliss, at which point maybe I’ll be tired of the marriage, I’ll be 118 and he’ll be 124.

@911 I think I’ll take my chances! 😂
Believe it or not, I read an article not long ago that stated the average marriage now lasts about 9 years. Suddenly, your chances of a short marriage has now become a real possibility. (You know that I’m just messing with you, right?)

Believe it or not, I read an article not long ago that stated the average marriage now lasts about 9 years. Suddenly, your chances of a short marriage has now become a real possibility. (You know that I’m just messing with you, right?)
Then things have improved. Last I heard it was 5 - 6 years. Cute about the short marriage.

Then things have improved. Last I heard it was 5 - 6 years. Cute about the short marriage.
I am not a philosopher, psychologist or whatever, but I find it sad sometimes when I hear of (especially) young couples dissolving their marriage in a short time. I remember one instance in particular of a couple that had been married for a very short time, like maybe only months, and were going to be divorced.

I was called to their apartment because a neighbor was complaining of loud voices and then loud noises, like maybe things were being thrown. When I got to the apartment complex, the man was sitting outside with his head seated in his cupped hands. I asked him if he was the person that I was to see and he answered he was.

He told me that his wife and him had lived together for 9 years before they decided to tie the knot. Then, just after they were married, he found out that she was addicted to pain killers. (He previously had no idea.) They agreed that she should go to a rehab and she was there for nearly 2 months. She was home for about another 2 months and he caught her again taking pain killers, which is what caused the argument on that day.

I asked him if she was in the apartment and if she was OK. He said she was and that he never touched her physically, which turned out to be true. I found her crying her eyes out and she was wailing and asking me to help her. When she said that, I was empowered to take her into custody for a 72-hour evaluation, which I did. I took her to one of the rehabs/in patient crisis centers we have here in PA named Philhaven. They took it from there.

Today, she is doing very well and has been clean for probably 5 years now and by the way, they did not divorce. The husband decided to give the rehab another chance. Now they have 2 really cute kids and everyone is doing well.

I hope this little story brightened up your day just a little bit. Not everyone or everything in the world is evil.

Back