Over 70 And Living Alone.......

I knew I wasn't the only one and there had to be others that he contacted as well. I'll bet there's more, but unless they read this thread, we won't know. That's why I suggested posting about when we get hit on, to give others a heads up. 😉

Bella ✌️
@Matrix - Repost for your information and feedback - Thanks ~ Em

Bella said:
I got hit on right here about ten days ago. He sent me a private message at 8:00 am. He was a new member.

I wouldn't be surprised if he contacted other women on the forum with the same story.
RadishRose said:
Yup, with the same opening line too. I did not respond.
Jules said:
I got a PM too but just ignored it.
Blessed said:
Got the same private message.
Pepper said:
I got the same message from same guy.
Ruthanne said:
I heard from him too.
I knew I wasn't the only one and there had to be others that he contacted as well. I'll bet there's more, but unless they read this thread, we won't know. That's why I suggested posting about when we get hit on, to give others a heads up. 😉

Bella ✌️

Forwarding to Matrix.

You don't need to meet a man. You need to make friends. If you find some kind of activity to get involved in you will make friends. Make friends with women and I am sure you will meet men too. It doesn't sound like you need to look for a man, they will find you. But you need to be out where they will see and meet you. Maybe the library, a senior center, a church, some kind of club or activity that interests you. Even walking a certain route daily will get you out and meeting people.
Meeting a man is not always the best answer. Sometimes it will complicate the simple matter of loneliness. Starting over is extremely difficult for most women over 70 no matter whether they are rich or poor, sick or healthy. We have long histories! Speaking for myself, and I am 71, I had hopes of meeting someone for a love connection. ha ha ..... even ugly old men don't want an old woman over 65 even if she looks fit and has money. I suppose that it's my bad for trying to meet people online. My point is that it may be better to be alone but to have a best friend to call or visit when you do feel lonely for company/conversation. It definitely cuts down on drama! I surely hope that I didn't offend by this post. Sometimes I am too blunt for my own good. Also this is my first one and so happy that I finally found a meeting-place for others in my age range.😁👍🏻

Hmm, @Kika - Ya know what? I almost started a thread about being contacted by that sleaze bag as a warning to others on the forum. I'm wondering if we should have a thread about this crap that alerts others when we get trolled by sleaze bags. What do you guys and gals think? When it happens should we just put it out there?

Bella ✌️
Sounds familiar. I guess he checked the female list and sent us all the same message. Forget it.

Meeting a man is not always the best answer. Sometimes it will complicate the simple matter of loneliness. Starting over is extremely difficult for most women over 70 no matter whether they are rich or poor, sick or healthy. We have long histories! Speaking for myself, and I am 71, I had hopes of meeting someone for a love connection. ha ha ..... even ugly old men don't want an old woman over 65 even if she looks fit and has money. I suppose that it's my bad for trying to meet people online. My point is that it may be better to be alone but to have a best friend to call or visit when you do feel lonely for company/conversation. It definitely cuts down on drama! I surely hope that I didn't offend by this post. Sometimes I am too blunt for my own good. Also this is my first one and so happy that I finally found a meeting-place for others in my age range.😁👍🏻
I see you are new............Welcome to our forum! Glad you are here and already commenting!

iu

As of this moment I feel desperate. I have no family left at all!.....I was a model and had a fantastic social life, but the way my life worked out that disappeared due to circumstances I won't get into. I got into credit card debt and am desperate to move out of my tiny apartment in Brooklyn, New York! There is nothing to do here and no places to go to especially since the pandemic!...I want to live in a community where I can meet other people in my age bracket, however, I don't look like your typical older adult!....I exercise 7 days a week and am still very attractive and don't look my age at all! So where can I go "alone" without money and not knowing "anyone"?.. Would have loved to meet someone as a "partner" for marriage, but I am very picky and most of these older men are pretty awful on the Internet!....I am not giving up and don't ever want to, but I am running out of resources!...With this pandemic it has made everything ten times worse especially for "older adults". I was a "social butterfly" and I did a 380 degree turn the past 10 years or so! Any suggestions on a community for me?...Originally, from Florida, but what can I afford now? And, you need a "car" which I don't have!!!......A real problem!!! Any help out there in the "Cosmo"???..........Thanks!!!
I almost made this mistake of staying single by being picky, but I thank my husband, who is nearly 40 years younger, to not give up on me. When I say "give up" I wanted nothing to do with that big of an age gap, especially a guy who is younger. But he just kept being good to me, kept treating me very well and slowly I opened my door without realizing it will lead to marriage. Many older woman just shut the door on younger men, but as i have learned, it's much better having a younger man than being alone. I have an amazing life now with him, he never stops showing his love and he treats me 100x better than my ex, whom I have been divorced from for over 30 years. You are a former model, make yourself look good and start being friendly with those who are normally not in you comfort zone, including younger men. Start dating those who you may have previously shut out due to age or other issues. We can't be picky anymore.

Back