Oz Life - where I live and more!

As I drive out of our street I have three options - straight across the highway into the back road to town OR turn left and take the highway to Broome - a cute seaside town - famous for its pearls some 2 hrs away and a popn of 16,000 and where my dear son lives with his family. Yes I do visit occasionally but NOT frequently. He has a crazy Thai wife and three kids who sit in their rooms with Ipads ; so don't converse much!

OR turn right and take the highway to Derby passing small businesses on the left side only - the right is virgin land waiting for a new housing estate to be built - but there is no money; no people and no jobs!! - yippee! First encounter in town is the petrol station on the left and Woolworths on the right, as well as an new super duper furniture/Tv/ kitchen ware store! We have lovely boab trees many years old running right up the center of the main drag! - on the way to the jetty which is the end of town we have ; police station; tourist center ; council chambers ; post office of course ; fishing gear shop etc etc and then straight through marsh land to the 180 degree jetty - I think I can do a pick of that later? - we still shop ore and other goods out from the jetty on smaller barges which take them to the big ships!! phew I'm tired after that drive!!

not sure if this is gonna work here but I'll give it a try. now this is a biggish bugger and we sometimes call it a 'big red'

[video]https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2018/jun/24/kangaroo-invades-pitch-at-football-match-in-canberra-video?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign =GU+Today+AUS+v1+-+AUS+morning+mail+callout&utm_term=279068&subid=26 363714&CMP=ema_632[/video]

awww....he's huge but endearing how he's just chilling out while wanting to be a part of it all. He's got the best seat in the house. No shame

Beautiful Ranch! What is that pretty tree in the from that looks like it has pink blossoms all over it. Aren't you having winter there now?

So your pic worked with the link but if you want the pic to show up without the link...

I use https://postimages.org . It's free, quick, easy, and lets you resize your pick in the first step if you want (there's a drop-down menu of size choices).

Drag the pic to your desktop.

When you get to the last step, highlight the second line down, then click on the icon to the far right of that line to copy the url. Then come here to SF and

paste.

hmm I'll read that again later - yes I do use postimages just for funny pics etc where you referring to the video clip? - the tree is a very dangerous but beautiful bourganvillia [can never spell that one] don't get tangled up with it! yes it is winter with very chiily 12 morns and beautiful 28 C days - instead of 38! so we are in one of our two season 'the dry' the other one being - gone on I'll let you guess that one!

No, not a video, first line was referring to a photo of the roo laying down on the field and secondly I was referring to a photo of your ranch house with, what looks to be, a flowering tree (white or light pink)

yes I've come across that - now that we have the option of multiple browsers they all have different styles. I remember on another site that some very technical member could never post a youtube or view one whilst the rest of us could, It does require a bit of experimentation I guess?

Beautiful serene lily pads, reflections, pelican....and then little surprise element lurking there!

The perfect photo. Monet (Water Lillies paintings) had nuthin' over you :)

Is that on your property? Lucky you. The first photo (with reflections) would be a wonderful subject for a painting.

"Water Lillies" 1905 - Monet

Unknown.jpg

...the tree is a very dangerous but beautiful bourganvillia [can never spell that one] don't get tangled up with it!
When I lived in Cardiff-by-the-Sea in San Diego, Bougainvillea was everywhere. I had one this color in a huge hanging basket.

This pic is from Mission deAlcala in La Jolla CA.

Interesting to note is that Bougainvillea was first discovered 1768 (just a year before the Mission was built) in Brazil by a French Navy admiral in Brazil

mission.jpg

no unfortunately not on the property - that was taken out in the bush some 12 hrs away at my sons place - yes I just clicked the shutter and didn't realize I was so good at it!! I would leave home at 4am in the morning and drive all day for 12 hrs and get to his place at 4pm for a cold beer - with coffee stops on the way of course as a safety feature! - I love driving through the ozzie bush and usually on tarmac or bitumen or concrete. You can stop where ever and just turn off the engine and then it hits you - dead silence and it's absolutely magic - the resting lunch time bush with no traffic sounds!

Back