Partying Like It's Not 2020 Gets Guy Year in Jail

Maryland man twice hosted parties of more than 50 people

Failure to party like it's 2020 landed a Maryland man in the clink until it's 2021. As WJLA reports, police were summoned to the home of one Shawn Marshall Myers on March 22 over a report of a gathering of some 50 to 60 of his nearest and dearest—a no-no under Gov. Larry Hogan's ban on parties of more than 50 people. Myers at the time was "argumentative with officers but eventually agreed to disband his party," per the State's Attorney.

Seems a little harsh. Granted the guy is a fool but a heavy fine + community service might be more fitting.

No sorry , he deserves all he got how many times have people to be asked to be sensible
and understand how deadly this virus is. I watched a programme on TV the other day
a Woman who caught the virus back in June and survived aged 35 still cant walk to the end
of her street without stopping every so often to catch her breath because the virus scared
her lungs and her kidneys are damaged . So sorry I have no sympathy

Considering that in some places, felons were let out of jail so they wouldn't get sick, this is ridiculous. Fine him. Give him two weeks in jail. And what about the people attending party? Craziness.

I wonder if he's actually in prison yet. Sounds like the kind of case that is endlessly appealed.

Back