Past and Current Hair Styles or Trends

Keesha

Playful Scamp
Original Poster
Oh my! We really had the same hairstyle.
I will find a picture today. That’s the exact same look I had and I was brunette too.
Wow. With my hair I have cowlicks everywhere and am curly so it didn’t quite sit the same but close enough.

Keesha

Playful Scamp
Original Poster
Ok here’s me at 13 years old with my hair layered and thinned out into the ‘shag.’
I truly loved this haircut and wore it for about 4 or 5 years.

Keesha

Playful Scamp
Original Poster
Thanks. I was a young looking 13 year old compared to kids these days but it’s the same style as yours. We just have different texture.

Olivia

The following is a photo of me about at about 29 years old. I would sometimes wear my hair this way. Never needed a perm, just washed my hair and let it dry without blow drying or anything. Just fluffed it up. So easy, but not something I ever kept up with.

This last Windows update really messed me up. I go to the folder where that picture is and nothing shows up. But when I look at that folder the pictures are there. I don't know what to think.

Edit: I had to paste that photo to my desktop and then manually drag it to that post . Weird.

Last edited:

Patio Life

I never wanted to mess with my hair. Put it in curlers once - awful experience. Fortunately for me it was the time of the hippies, so I ignored my hair and was very happy. Once I went to work I found a way to wear my hair that was simple and easy to do, just pull the front back into a small pony tail.
Me in 2015.
IMG_0110.JPG

StarSong

A touch of colour can look nice on some women.
Its not for everyone

View attachment 65094
I so agree with you on this, Keesha. The older one is, the finer the line between playful and garish.

I've worn a modified shag for decades. Layered all the way around, a bit shorter on top, longer in the back.
The style suits my wavy-to-curly hair and my low patience with fussing with it.

Patio, I love your hair. (Don't all curlies envy the gals with straight hair?)

Keesha

Playful Scamp
Original Poster
I so agree with you on this, Keesha. The older one is, the finer the line between playful and garish.

I've worn a modified shag for decades. Layered all the way around, a bit shorter on top, longer in the back.
The style suits my wavy-to-curly hair and my low patience with fussing with it.

Patio, I love your hair. (Don't all curlies envy the gals with straight hair?)
Your hair really suites you Starsong plus you compliment your husband so nicely.

I viewed Patios Life’s hair as wavy; maybe a 2a in hair texture whereas you and I would be more 2c or even 3a.

Last edited: