Past and Current Hair Styles or Trends

Ok here’s me at 13 years old with my hair layered and thinned out into the ‘shag.’
I truly loved this haircut and wore it for about 4 or 5 years.

The following is a photo of me about at about 29 years old. I would sometimes wear my hair this way. Never needed a perm, just washed my hair and let it dry without blow drying or anything. Just fluffed it up. So easy, but not something I ever kept up with.

This last Windows update really messed me up. I go to the folder where that picture is and nothing shows up. But when I look at that folder the pictures are there. I don't know what to think.

Edit: I had to paste that photo to my desktop and then manually drag it to that post . Weird.

Last edited:
I never wanted to mess with my hair. Put it in curlers once - awful experience. Fortunately for me it was the time of the hippies, so I ignored my hair and was very happy. Once I went to work I found a way to wear my hair that was simple and easy to do, just pull the front back into a small pony tail.
Me in 2015.
IMG_0110.JPG

A touch of colour can look nice on some women.
Its not for everyone

View attachment 65094
I so agree with you on this, Keesha. The older one is, the finer the line between playful and garish.

I've worn a modified shag for decades. Layered all the way around, a bit shorter on top, longer in the back.
The style suits my wavy-to-curly hair and my low patience with fussing with it.

Patio, I love your hair. (Don't all curlies envy the gals with straight hair?)

I so agree with you on this, Keesha. The older one is, the finer the line between playful and garish.

I've worn a modified shag for decades. Layered all the way around, a bit shorter on top, longer in the back.
The style suits my wavy-to-curly hair and my low patience with fussing with it.

Patio, I love your hair. (Don't all curlies envy the gals with straight hair?)
Your hair really suites you Starsong plus you compliment your husband so nicely.

I viewed Patios Life’s hair as wavy; maybe a 2a in hair texture whereas you and I would be more 2c or even 3a.

Last edited:

Back