People Are Not Themselves During This Pandemic: Have You Felt Offended or Outraged by Them?

I understand. I just wish I could take her somewhere and do the fun things we used to do, but we can't because so much is closed, or they want so much information, contact info, etc. Walk this way not that way. No mask no service. No indoor dining. No using the ladies room. I've taken her to visit her friends a lot. But now money is getting tight for me because I have no job to go back to. Sometimes I just don't want to think anymore. I can't believe how bad this has all been. This morning I took her shopping for groceries and to the drugstore to use her coupons then had her back to my place for lunch and she seemed to enjoy that.
I hear ya. I keep telling myself and my doctor also says this is going to end...but I don't know if I can believe that at this point. I, too, am fed up with not being able to go where I want to any more.

I bet your Mom really appreciates you!

I haven’t noticed much difference overall.I'm doing my part to combat it by expressing appreciation to folks who are helpful to me, more individualized than a just plain thank you, like, I had to have some xrays done (catching up on arth care) and complimented the tech On carefully positioning me instead of just jerking limbs around like most, and a Pharm tech who spontaneously came out from behind the counter to help me find something. Both were very appreciative of being singled out.
I’ve only being outraged twice. Once at the stupid Kroger/Smith store I was going to. They have been off and on about using separate doors for entrance & exit so I entered the closest which had no sign. Then a clerk actually Yelled at me, for using wrong door. Never going back there.
Then BCBS “non” customer service: wanted to simply find out a copay and a female with some kind of thick accent was going into a canned spell about referrals & authorizations. Tues am going to find someone local & complain.
Do you have a Blue Cross "service center" in your are. We have one and I've had great luck just toting the paperwork down there, laying it out and asking someone to go through it with me. So much easier than trying to do it over the phone.

For me it depends on whether it is on purpose or if it is because someone is terribly stressed out. I do not know what someone is going through so, I feel it is unfair of me to judge without all the facts. It does not make what that person has done or said right but at the same time I am not perfect under pressure either.

Especially now with the coronavirus. It is making everyone very edgy and inhospitable. Sometimes all that leaks over to innocent people causing them to be edgy and inhospitable as well. It is a vicious cycle. Sometimes understanding that goes a long way.

Right now I am trying to be forgiving because this situation with this virus is just so horrendous. I do not think any of us are ourselves right now.

For me it depends on whether it is on purpose or if it is because someone is terribly stressed out. I do not know what someone is going through so, I feel it is unfair of me to judge without all the facts. It does not make what that person has done or said right but at the same time I am not perfect under pressure either.

Especially now with the coronavirus. It is making everyone very edgy and inhospitable. Sometimes all that leaks over to innocent people causing them to be edgy and inhospitable as well. It is a vicious cycle. Sometimes understanding that goes a long way.

Right now I am trying to be forgiving because this situation with this virus is just so horrendous. I do not think any of us are ourselves right now.
I really like the way you think thank U.

My mom is picking fights and getting vocal with everyone. She's a senior, senior and I'm afraid for her and always having to entertain her and distract her and prevent her from saying or doing something that could get us both killed, especially when I'm driving. I'm half nuts from all this and want to be left alone which is so unlike me. Yeah, where I live covid numbers are low but the restrictions are so tight people are turning into mental cases before my eyes. We can't go much of anywhere or do much of anything. Any of us. I can't help them. I can barely help myself which is awful.

Although my mother is long gone, otherwise I'm kinda where you are. I hate living like this. I want my life back.

Some of my senior friends and family members were already going through some really challenging times re serious illness, family relationship problems, financial struggles etc. prior to this pandemic.

The covid-19 has only worsened their situation and they are feeling even more stressed so yes it has been increasingly difficult to talk to them. I try to be as understanding and patient as possible as right now it seems like our world has literally been turned upside down.

Some of my senior friends and family members were already going through some really challenging times re serious illness, family relationship problems, financial struggles etc. prior to this pandemic.

The covid-19 has only worsened their situation and they are feeling even more stressed so yes it has been increasingly difficult to talk to them. I try to be as understanding and patient as possible as right now it seems like our world has literally been turned upside down.
I hear you. Many are feeling out of sorts now and it has been going on so long to have to be so concerned about the spread.

I know that I am not myself at all right now. I have been experiencing troubles that are new to me with this pandemic. Also dealing with the effects of it on other people is making it harder for me. I basically keep to myself a lot.

Thanks for understanding.

saVjMAU.gif

Haven't noticed any changes locally, and i live in the outskirts of a fairly large city.

On line it seems as though more and more people are becoming inflamed by the governments actions on so many divisive situations. In past years, people looked to their leaders to be re-assured and calmed by them, whenever critical situations arose. No more - -that's a thing of the past.

I've been around quite a few years and have never before seen today's number of people running around waving their guns in the air. Bragging about what they'd do if somebody gives them the "stinkeye". All of them sure that they'll get off the first kill shot, not the other guy. It seems as though some are "thrill-killers" almost hoping that someone will give them an excuse to blast away. Anyone firing a gun in a public area is a threat to whoever is in range, even the guy at the counter across the street sipping a coffee or maybe your son or daughter coming home from an event.

Dimwits IMHO.

Last edited:
How you are choosing to handle this is very admirable Ruthanne. So far, if anything, I've noticed people are being extra nice (personally) but as we all know, some terrible things are happening across America. People are scared, they are broke, they are losing homes, jobs and facing homelessness and other things (for many I'm sure) that they never imagined they'd have to deal with. My son predicted anarchy back in early April due to the affects of COVID on people's lives. Those of us who are not experiencing these things should consider ourselves blessed and help who we can.

How you are choosing to handle this is very admirable Ruthanne. So far, if anything, I've noticed people are being extra nice (personally) but as we all know, some terrible things are happening across America. People are scared, they are broke, they are losing homes, jobs and facing homelessness and other things (for many I'm sure) that they never imagined they'd have to deal with. My son predicted anarchy back in early April due to the affects of COVID on people's lives. Those of us who are not experiencing these things should consider ourselves blessed and help who we can.
Beautifully said, Diva.

Me? Fine except that I hate everybody. I hate TV commercials. I hate the squirrels and chipmunks in the back yard, and I positively loathe the leaf rollers that won't leave my cannas alone. I hate traffic. I hate those people in the grocery store who have the unmitigated gall to get too close to me. I hate the letter carrier for being here too early before I can get something in the mailbox to be picked up. I hate the letter carrier for getting here so late in the day. I hate waiting for anything, even responses from the web that happen in nano-seconds. I hate the heat. I hate the rain. I hate the music the local HD classical music station programs. I hate having to take time out of my *busy* day to carry out the trash or even to feed Maggiecat. I hate making the bed.

Except for all of the above. I'm fine and actually much better since I deleted my FB account. Thanks for asking :ROFLMAO:
So that's whats "rolling up my canna leaves" and chewing the heck out of them...had two cocoons of praying mantis this spring and that didn't help at all. Thanks for the info. My big female back window garden spider is doing very well, though...fed her some gnats this morning, now she's so full she doesn't even move around her web.

I see it online; there are so many people who still believe that Covid-19 is a hoax. It drives me up the wall ... but, I remain silent. I posted a few weeks ago about a particular family that had 3 of their family members ill with the virus and yet one is still convinced that it was something else that killed her sister. I have unfollowed her as I was getting myself so upset with her beliefs.

How do you attest so many deaths... then?

I hear what you are saying and I fear some of the same things but I am just taking one day at a time and watching the news and trying to do the best I can and I know that's all that we all can do right now.

I try to keep my feet washed well cause it's quite common for one of them to end up in my mouth. I have this innate talent for saying the right thing at the wrong time or the wrong thing at the right time.
I know what you mean and I can do that too.

Back