People Who DISAPPEAR in the Wilds and are NEVER Found

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
This guest was on the Coast radio show last night, and I've heard him speak in the past. He has some books written on the subject, but I haven't read any. He tells of the many people over the years who go missing in national parks, and wilderness areas. He said that children to elderly folks have disappeared very mysteriously and were never found.

He spoke of strange things afterwards, like finding the persons clothes, all neatly folded up in a pile, person never found. He talked in the past of finding signs of the missing, miles away from where they were, sometimes covering ground that is not easily traveled by foot or vehicle.

He also said how the National Park authorities were not cooperative at all in disclosing how many people went missing, and they make no effort to start keeping track either, despite the large numbers who vanish. Here's his site, some interesting info there. http://www.canammissing.com/missing-411-north-america.html

I know Gael, my husband and I have gone camping often in remote areas, where no others are around in the US, Northern Canada and Alaska. I don't know what I'd do if he went missing and I couldn't find him. I know one thing, I'd be searching until my dying day, I would never give up hope. My heart goes out to those who had children go missing, and never find them dead or alive, even in the cities. Must be awful never to know what really happened, or how they are suffering, or have suffered at the hands of another...especially if the death is never confirmed.

I know Gael, my husband and I have gone camping often in remote areas, where no others are around in the US, Northern Canada and Alaska. I don't know what I'd do if he went missing and I couldn't find him. I know one thing, I'd be searching until my dying day, I would never give up hope. My heart goes out to those who had children go missing, and never find them dead or alive, even in the cities. Must be awful never to know what really happened, or how they are suffering, or have suffered at the hands of another...especially if the death is never confirmed.

God help them. A trip into hell on earth that must be.

There are ongoing cases of people who go missing in unusual circumstances, and found in places where they could not possibly have reached by themselves on foot. http://www.canammissing.com/page/page/8396197.htm Listened to another show last night, since we have spent time in wilderness areas, it is food for thought. Not normal getting lost situations, but something else that can't be explained.

My husband and I go camping alone, not with a group, and we sometimes want to do different things, so we separate. These disappearances are very out of the ordinary, there seems to be no evil person doing any foul deeds. The missing people just don't get lost, or attacked by criminals, it's more than that.

I have read about some of these disappearances also, and possibly listened to it on C2C, but that was a while back. It is definitely an interesting phenomenon, and some of the places that people disappear are areas where Bigfoot-types of humanoids are thought to live.

I can't remember his name, but there was an older man who was abducted by bigfoot, and escaped.
He was sleeping in his sleeping bag, and something just grabbed him up, and he was stuck in the bag as the creature carried him away. They also took his pack along; but I think he could not reach it , since he was trapped inside the sleeping bag.
Eventually, they arrived at a high mountain meadow, surrounded by high peaks, and he was put down in the cave. The bigfoot had a family, mate and 2 offspring, one male, one female.
He thinks that they wanted him to mate with the female, which he did not want to to. After a few days, they stopped watching him so close, and he gave them his tobacco (which they ate) and when it made them sick, he escaped and found his way back out of the mountains.
He did not tell anyone for many years, because he thought no one would believe him; but eventually he did tell people what happened to him.
If I can find the article again, I will post the link for it.

Here is a link for one of the interviews on C2C with the man who wrote the Missing 411 books. It is long, but interesting.

http://youtu.be/GbUsEBO6C2M

edit to add link: this is the link to the story I was relating above, about the man who was kidnapped by a Bigfoot (Sasquatch).

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/ostman.htm

Last edited:
I heard this same thing a couple years ago. I'm not sure if it was on C2C or somewhere else. We live near a huge national Forrest and my husband goes fishing almost every week and sometimes camping. I told him at that time I wish he wouldn't go up there but naturally he still goes. I talked to a lady relative who worked (at that time) for the Forestry Dept up there and ask her if there were missing people they were covering up but she said she had never heard about it, if it were true.

I did hear once about a group of 5 people who were somewhere in the wilderness, I think on some job, like cutting down trees or something. Anyway, they saw a space craft hover over the trees (they hid and don't think they were ever seen) and then a large elk slowly was lifted up out of the trees and by some unseen vacuum was very slowly and without any noise pulled inside the space craft and then it just took off and was out of sight in a few seconds. Everyone was in shock and decided never to tell anyone and I don't believe they even talked about it among themselves after that. And they left and did NOT go back into the woods again. Have any of the rest of you heard of that? It was a few years ago so I might have a slight detail or two wrong but it's basically the way the one person, who decided to break the silence, told it.

And I agree, if someone disappears, not ever to be found or heard from again, it would be a living hell for those left behind. No closure at all. :(

It's 10 pm and dark here now and I'm making myself scared so I think I'll shut this off and move from the living room onto the computer by my bed where my husband and the dogs are. The window is open by me and I can hear a coyote making that weird noise they make. Sounds like it's about a mile away. Time to get out of here!!

My husband and I go camping alone, not with a group, and we sometimes want to do different things, so we separate. These disappearances are very out of the ordinary, there seems to be no evil person doing any foul deeds. The missing people just don't get lost, or attacked by criminals, it's more than that.

Please be careful when you separate from your DH. A woman in Maine went missing a couple of years ago in July, I believe. She had been part of a group but broke away to travel solo. She was last seen talking to a man. When she failed to show at the next trail station a search was conducted and the authorities brought in. She was never found not any of her gear. How sad for her family.

So take care okay?

This is a sad situation for all, those missing and the ones
left looking, maybe a wife/husband and/or children.

Luckily I was never tempted to wander in the wild, not that
we have any wild left here, nor can I imagine just how vast
the wild in America is, only from what I see on television and
that can be deceiving as they only show you what the Director
wants to be seen, so walking into it might be difficult when first
encountered.

Mike.

Could you imagine if a spaceship did beam you up and later released you? No way you would ever say any thing about it as everyone would think you are a nut. Back in the early 70's 2 guys on the MS coast were supposedly abducted and they told their story. Made the national news. Everyone laughed it off. I worked down there shortly after it happened and met people who knew these guys. They said the 2 guys really believed it happened whether it did or not. Perhaps they were smoking some strong stuff, but stuck to the story for the rest of their lives.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z11hJFByud0

This is funny. We were flying from Denver into Dallas about 12-15 years ago. I received a call on the radio that we were carrying a suspected bank robber that was wanted for robbing several banks in the Seattle area and that we would be met by the FBI upon landing. I was instructed to tell the passengers that they must remain seated after landing because of a mechanical problem. The FBI stormed the plane as soon as the door opened and took the man into custody without any resistance. They were looking for him for like seven years. He had beaten up his girlfriend and she turned him in. Talk about being missed. He may have disappeared, but he was also found.

That's an interesting story oldman, someone who wanted to be missing and was found.

And to comment on something from the previous page, I think if I were abducted by aliens (and remembered it) I would keep my mouth shut except to the few people I know who would believe me. Like all of you here, right? :) :) I'm joking, I've never been abducted or if I was, they wiped my memory clean. :)

My old Coast Guard training to the fore. When going into the woods is no different than being at sea and lost. One hope is always a cheap method. A whistle around your neck. Light, small and it works. I have had old salts tell me they heard whistles in the sea from miles away. Works on land as well..

My old Coast Guard training to the fore. When going into the woods is no different than being at sea and lost. One hope is always a cheap method. A whistle around your neck. Light, small and it works. I have had old salts tell me they heard whistles in the sea from miles away. Works on land as well..

An old Boy Scout whistle ...

We did a lot of canoeing. The guys put in and we females drove downstream to pick them up in a couple hours. Then one gal [ very very large gal, a novice ] and I put in upstream, thinking we'd make the campsite in a couple hours. Ho Ho Ha Ha ... :eek: River was running low and slow. We did okay. Portaged over some downed trees. But then it got dark and we couldn't see ahead of us. The gal wanted to go to riverbank and head toward traffic sounds. Ah, no, don't think so ... woods were full of wild hogs. I much preferred a sand bar to them! I did blow the Boy Scout whistle and the guys did hear us and came, with lanterns in hand, to guide us the last little way to campsite.

Lesson learned? Never go solo canoeing with a large novice as they have to be in the rear ... not smart!

I listen to coast to coast also driving home from work. I heard part of this story also. Very strange.

They have a lot of interesting, if not far out things on coast to coast.

I really do wish they would find Bigfoot. If the Finding Bigfoot people can't find him/her... I had such hope. :)

I don't believe in alien abductions, but I do believe that someone could walk off into the woods and get dragged off by an animal(s), their remains scattered, and just never be found, or maybe fall into a hole and never be found. There's no way they can really thoroughly search a whole forest, anyway. Or maybe some people don't WANT to be found. I dunno, but I think the spaceship thing is a bit far fetched. Who knows, there could even be some crazy serial killer out there. I don't think it is safe to go off into the woods all by yourself unless you really, really know what you are doing and have a way to call for help if you need it.

I don't believe in alien abductions, but I do believe that someone could walk off into the woods and get dragged off by an animal(s), their remains scattered, and just never be found, or maybe fall into a hole and never be found. There's no way they can really thoroughly search a whole forest, anyway. Or maybe some people don't WANT to be found. I dunno, but I think the spaceship thing is a bit far fetched. Who knows, there could even be some crazy serial killer out there. I don't think it is safe to go off into the woods all by yourself unless you really, really know what you are doing and have a way to call for help if you need it.

I think in the original post on here they said they would find the person's cloths stacked in a neat pile. That seems strange. I think serial killers like to leave evidence behind too. Or at lest they do in the movies and on TV.

Back