People Who DISAPPEAR in the Wilds and are NEVER Found

I remember a boy about 9 years old disappearing in the national park in Victoria ( Australia ) ( woods) he went missing in 1987 he ran ahead of his mother while out walking and just vanished ..I tried looking up information if he was ever located but I don't believe he ever was found..We have never been to the area where he disappeared yet but it's on our bucket list to visit ..Wilsons Promontory it's the most southern mainland of Australia.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/lif...ever-to-be-found/story-e6frg8h6-1226706580736

That's an interesting story oldman, someone who wanted to be missing and was found.

And to comment on something from the previous page, I think if I were abducted by aliens (and remembered it) I would keep my mouth shut except to the few people I know who would believe me. Like all of you here, right? :) :) I'm joking, I've never been abducted or if I was, they wiped my memory clean. :)

I'd never tell either Linda. Then again anyone abducting me would probably toss me back when they realized what they were in for with me. :D

That's the serial killers we KNOW about . . . .

Anyway, they don't all do that -- many are very careful to leave no traces and have victims who have never been found. They never found all of Bundy's victims, for instance. IMHO, serial killers are more likely than spaceships. And what keeps the killer from neatly folding the clothes of the victim just to throw off the police?

I went on a YouTube watching campaign a few months ago, focusing my attention on missing persons cases, and some of the creepy things I learned about National and State Parks.

Apparently, National and State Parks are hot spots as far as people going missing, never to be found again, and under the most strange of circumstances.

I went on a YouTube watching campaign a few months ago, focusing my attention on missing persons cases, and some of the creepy things I learned about National and State Parks.

Apparently, National and State Parks are hot spots as far as people going missing, never to be found again, and under the most strange of circumstances.
I think a lot of people might just not tell anyone where they're going and either fall into a river and drown or fall off a cliff and be hidden by rocks and brush. Some people may just become disoriented in the woods and forget which way to go, if they're not prepared with food and supplies to be out there for at least a few days, they would likely perish. Lots of people who actually die may be eaten by animals, so their remains wouldn't be very visible to authorities even if they were looking for them.

I think a lot of people might just not tell anyone where they're going and either fall into a river and drown or fall off a cliff and be hidden by rocks and brush. Some people may just become disoriented in the woods and forget which way to go, if they're not prepared with food and supplies to be out there for at least a few days, they would likely perish. Lots of people who actually die may be eaten by animals, so their remains wouldn't be very visible to authorities even if they were looking for them.
I'm a firm-believer in what you say.

With that said, one thing in particular that was mentioned again and again in the YouTube videos I watched, was that park officials and rangers avoided any/all conversation about missing persons in their parks, and some even acted strange towards being questioned about missing people as if they were trying to hide something.

That sort of thing really creeps me out.

We’ve done a lot of interior camping. It’s considered roughing it since it’s really a lot of work. You carry everything and some of the portages are long. We’ve ran into bears several times and have to admit it can be intimidating. It’s certainly very possible that people get lost and are hunted down by bears or other animals. Yes it would be a perfect place to lose someone. My husband went fishing one day and got lost. It upset me. I was so worried but obviously he found his way and was in trouble. Lol

Ok they do seem oddly strange. What I found most disturbing is why were these young children on their own? John Doe 3 years old? What’s a 3 year old boy doing fly fishing on his own? There’s no word of the parents. Who would take a 3 year old out in the wilderness. No I’m not a mom but I do know that this isn’t a place for a 3 year old to go fly fishing. A judgment on my part, yes.

A long time coworker of mine was found lone and dead in a forest about 10 years ago. Apparently his married live was a living hell and he just decided to walk in to the woods and perish quietly. One thing about people going in to forests. The most experienced hunters and trappers will tell you it is very easy to get lost and die in them. Then there are the bears, wolves and mountain lions or cougars that kill them and eat the remains.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident
Dyatlov Pass incident
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

J
The Dyatlov Pass incident (Russian: Гибель тургруппы Дятлова) was an event in which nine Russian hikers died in the northern Ural Mountains between 1 and 2 February 1959, in uncertain circumstances. The experienced trekking group, who were all from the Ural Polytechnical Institute, had established a camp on the slopes of Kholat Syakhl, in an area now named in honour of the group's leader, Igor Dyatlov. During the night, something caused them to tear their way out of their tents and flee the campsite while inadequately dressed for the heavy snowfall and subzero temperatures.
After the group's bodies were discovered, an investigation by Soviet authorities determined that six had died from hypothermia while the other three showed signs of physical trauma. One victim had a fractured skull; two others had major chest fractures, one body was missing both its eyes, and one was missing a tongue. The investigation concluded that a "compelling natural force" had caused the deaths. Numerous theories have been put forward to account for the unexplained deaths, including animal attacks, hypothermia, avalanche, katabatic winds, infrasound-induced panic, military involvement, or some combination of these.
Russia opened a new investigation into the incident in 2019, and its conclusions were presented in July 2020: that the cause of death was hypothermia due to a combination of an avalanche, forcing the group to leave their camp, combined with low visibility. Andrey Kuryakov, deputy head of the regional prosecutor's office, said: “It was a heroic struggle. There was no panic. But they had no chance to save themselves under the circumstances.”[1]

Ok they do seem oddly strange. What I found most disturbing is why were these young children on their own? John Doe 3 years old? What’s a 3 year old boy doing fly fishing on his own? There’s no word of the parents. Who would take a 3 year old out in the wilderness. No I’m not a mom but I do know that this isn’t a place for a 3 year old to go fly fishing. A judgment on my part, yes.
I know, it struck me as being odd as well.

Don't know if certain facts were left-out accidentally, or whether they were left-out purposely so as to help assist future investigations related to.

Aside from that, the only scenario I can think of revolves around a family camping close-by a stream (within earshot close), and for whatever reason, allowed their young child to investigate on their own just yards away.

Talk about spooky.

Probably true. I always take my dad's old wrist compass with me when hiking although I have a good sense of direction even in the woods. You can never be too careful there. Once I got lost, without my compass, but found running water and followed it back to civilization. Something good to remember if you ever become disoriented while in dense woodland. There will always be water somewhere and it will lead you back to people.

Probably true. I always take my dad's old wrist compass with me when hiking although I have a good sense of direction even in the woods. You can never be too careful there. Once I got lost, without my compass, but found running water and followed it back to civilization. Something good to remember if you ever become disoriented while in dense woodland. There will always be water somewhere and it will lead you back to people.
You make for a great outdoors-person, Chic!

There have been a number of historically famous or notable people who also disappeared. Ambrose Bierce the writer vanished in 1913 after traveling into Mexico. Edgar Allan Poe also vanished for a period of five days in 1849 prior to reappearing in an almost incoherent state wearing someone else's clothing; he died a few days later. And of course, there's the great mystery of Amelia Earhart's disappearance while attempting to circumnavigate the globe in the 1930's...

There have been a number of historically famous or notable people who also disappeared. Ambrose Bierce the writer vanished in 1913 after traveling into Mexico. Edgar Allan Poe also vanished for a period of five days in 1849 prior to reappearing in an almost incoherent state wearing someone else's clothing; he died a few days later. And of course, there's the great mystery of Amelia Earhart's disappearance while attempting to circumnavigate the globe in the 1930's...
To add to your great post, the great mystery that Agatha Christie, left unsolved, claiming amnesia after she disappeared for eleven days in 1926.

There are many harrowing tales here Aunt Marg, a lot of
North America and Canada are solid forests and I bet that
only a small proportion of them have ever been seen by
human eyes at ground level.

Creepy to say the least.

Mike.
Excellent point, Mike, about parks and forests and such being so vast and unexplored. Definitely lends itself to disaster in the right circumstances.

I'm with you on the "creepy".

In South America, Africa and India, they call them Jungles,
but in North America they are called National Parks or
Woods or after the name of the local Hill/Mountain, in
Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia they are called Pine
Forests.

If they were called "Jungle" they might be treated with
more respect, we don't expect bad things to happen in
woods or forests, but most are frightened about jungles,
they are secret places with strange animals that will eat
you if they can!

So maybe the name is the problem.

Mike.

In South America, Africa and India, they call them Jungles,
but in North America they are called National Parks or
Woods or after the name of the local Hill/Mountain, in
Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia they are called Pine
Forests.

If they were called "Jungle" they might be treated with
more respect, we don't expect bad things to happen in
woods or forests, but most are frightened about jungles,
they are secret places with strange animals that will eat
you if they can!

So maybe the name is the problem.

Mike.
Well said, Mike!

I couldn't agree with you more, and not surprisingly, here in Canada, particularly British Columbia, every year a party (group), or just a single lone adventurer goes out for a day hike, a walk, or to camp, and all too often they are unprepared. Lack of proper clothing, water and food, and the next thing you know they're missing.

Here is one such happening.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/peop...ers-disappeared-vancouver-mountains-grief-and

Back