Personal Messaging on SF?

Click on the persons icon, and you will see start a conversation click on it, and type a message. answer will appear in the little envelope next to the bell in the upper right, click on it to retrieve, and answer.

I'm not able to message anyone that way unless they message me first.
I don't see why not. You start a conversation by nominating the person you want to message and then you have to wait for them to notice it and decide to respond. They may not see it, or they may choose to ignore you.

I'll start a conversation with you and you can see how it works.

At another site I belong to all I have to do is place the mouse pointer on there username and a box pops up then I would click "Message" which then allows me to send that member a PM

Ok...now I'm confused. How did you go from new member to senior member in a month? And if it was solved...why are you still unable to do it?
You are misunderstanding. I can now message as of May 2 when I was no longer considered to be a new member. And as far as senior goes I think it has to do with number of posts (1000 or more).

It was/is a new member (henderson) as of today, June 6, that added a new post to this older thread, to ask why they could not initiate a PM.

That's what brought this entire thread back up to the fore, making it appear that @GoneFishin who was the OP, was presently asking the question.:rolleyes:o_O;):geek:

Does my explanation make this entire confusion more comprehensible, @OneEyedDiva ?:unsure::giggle::love:
Yes..I understood it as soon as Gone Fishin replied to me that his question was posted (and resolved) last month.

Back