Photos from your neighborhood

the next village shop and tiny tearoom up the lane ... about 400 years old

DSCF0051-2-jpg-original.jpg

I love all of the cool old buildings around London. I liked going to the Shacklewell Arms and The Victoria Dalston for shows when I was in London last year.

I love all of the cool old buildings around London. I liked going to the Shacklewell Arms and The Victoria Dalston for shows when I was in London last year.
LOL...I'm so sorry but I have no idea what or where those places you spoke of are... London is a Very large place, and I live on the edge of a tiny town, and even tinier rural village 20 miles outside of the city... 😊..but I'm pleased you enjoyed your time here, I tend to just know all the usual well known areas of London..

Thank you, Hollydolly for information about the boats.
Have they been around for a long time?
Not a present day fad like RVs here.

There are house boats on a bay off Lake Erie , PA.
They are passed down to the next generation.

Actually houses on pontoons or floats of some sort.
Believe they are stationery.
Yes they've been around for at least 200 years, but not as homes or recreation vehicles as they are now, but working vehicles used to carry all sorts of goods but mainly coal and flour, from one end of the country to the other, before train tracks and roads were laid as they are today, narrowboats and barges were the ideal way to get large quantities of essential goods transported directly up and down country.. Over the decades they've become more and more iconic, rarely ever used for transporting wares, and almost all are homes of one type or another. Some much larger than others.

Ours is the longest narrowboat.. at 72 feet ( 2 berth) ... 2 beds, one galley kitchen, shower room, toilet, livingroom..... but you can also have a wide beam.. ( think the difference between a single and double wide Static home).. but not as wide...

Mooring charges can be crippling depending on the part of the country where the mooring is... here in the south east it's eye wateringly expensive compared to the North. ..average price around here is anything up to 20k per year for a mooring, but the charge is calculated per foot length of the boat . ..The Initial cost of a new boat designed by yourself, is around £150k ( ours was designed by my husband many years ago to his own specification ).. but a doer upper can be as little as 10k, depending on where in the country it's bought..

Due to housing shortages in this country more and more people are choosing to live full time on the water.. and at the last count just on the waterways surrounding London there is more than 33,000 boats... (narrowboats and barges).. but they're popular throughout the whole country and of course Holland as well

Last edited:
This is the Tear Drop memorial sculpture in Bayonne which is a few miles from us. It was donated in honor of 9/11 from a Russian Sculptor who designed it right after the attack. It is directly across from the site and the Statue of Liberty is just off to the left. Not seen in this photo. We visited it a couple of years ago and I found the name of someone I knew who lost his life when the 2nd plane hit.NeverHea.jpg

Back