Photos that make you hungry or thirsty (food or drink photos)

That looks delicious! I love corn relish.
Nice kitchen too :)

It's a really good recipe. A bit different from the old fashioned kind in that it uses garlic instead of onion and has jalapeno pepper added. Recipe: Zesty Corn Relish I used minced garlic from a jar but wish I'd strewn a few cloves on the island for the ingredients pic.

I can't take credit for the kitchen! I was house/dog sitting for my sister. My counters are too cluttered for pics! I should've taken a shot of her breakfast room table with corn husks and silk all over the place! :p I did use a table cover and put a sheet down on the floor.

Last edited:
Al fresco, piping hot Clam and seafood chowder.. on the esplanade in winter, just the thing to warm the extremities..😊

chowder-Southend-peter-Boat-HD.jpg

This one will be a bit of a stretch for some people. Bubbies are mochi from Honolulu, Hawaii. Our son introduced us to them when we visited him one time. There is a shop in San Jose that gets them shipped here and we occasionally get them on special occasions. When my wife and I were in Paris in 2013 and we ended up going into a little gourmet market just to see what they had. We were rather surprised to see they had Bubbies in their freezer. However they were too expensive to make it worth getting a box, plus the didn't have our favorite flavors.

100_3996.JPG

It was an elegant presentation of I believe sea bass on some sort of mash on a cruise I was on. It was very delicious. I'm one who really enjoys elegant presentations.
TeeHee - "Elegant Presentations." I never have the patience for presentations. I'm way too hungry - all the time.
Sometimes, I don't even use a plate; it takes too long.

This one will be a bit of a stretch for some people. Bubbies are mochi from Honolulu, Hawaii. Our son introduced us to them when we visited him one time. There is a shop in San Jose that gets them shipped here and we occasionally get them on special occasions. When my wife and I were in Paris in 2013 and we ended up going into a little gourmet market just to see what they had. We were rather surprised to see they had Bubbies in their freezer. However they were too expensive to make it worth getting a box, plus the didn't have our favorite flavors.

View attachment 115099
:love: My sister's mother-in-law makes her own mochi. Home-made mochi is to die for.

TeeHee - "Elegant Presentations." I never have the patience for presentations. I'm way too hungry - all the time.
Sometimes, I don't even use a plate; it takes too long.

I highly recommend you skipping Michelin star restaurants and tasting menus. Most of them are very small plates with elegant presentations.

The interesting thing I find about such plates is that the flavors are so balanced and intense that one generally doesn't want a large quantity of what's being served. Sometimes that isn't the case, but it usually is for me.

Back