Police Officer Kills Wife After Getting His Gun Back

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
"An Alabama police officer shot and killed his wife after getting back his gun back from law enforcement who had taken it because of previous domestic abuse allegations. Megan Montgomery, 31, told doctors in February 2019 that her husband, officer Jason McIntosh, had shot her. She was taken to the emergency room in Birmingham, Alabama with a gunshot wound in her upper right arm."

This is just one of the many instances of domestic violence I've read about involving cops. Why was he even allowed to remain on the force after shooting his wife? Oh yeah, that's right..it's always "allegedly" did something. A protective order was in place but like in other instances, it did that poor wife no good. "Alabama's top law enforcement agency deemed it safe to give McIntosh his gun back" I hope her family sues the bazoobas out of them!
https://news.yahoo.com/man-gets-gun-back-nine-134408881.html

Last edited:
"An Alabama police officer shot and killed his wife after getting back his gun back from law enforcement who had taken it because of previous domestic abuse allegations. Megan Montgomery, 31, told doctors in February 2019 that her husband, officer Jason McIntosh, had shot her. She was taken to the emergency room in Birmingham, Alabama with a gunshot wound in her upper right arm." This is just one of the many instances of domestic violence I've read about involving cops. Why was he even allowed to remain on the force after shooting his wife? Oh yeah, that's right..it's always "allegedly" did something. A protective order was in place but like in other instances, it did that poor wife no good. "Alabama's top law enforcement agency deemed it safe to give McIntosh his gun back" I hope her family sues the bazoobas out of them!
https://news.yahoo.com/man-gets-gun-back-nine-134408881.html
This is exactly why I am not in favour of rehabilitation, and will never be in support of rehabilitation, even though rehabilitation isn't the underlying issue here. Nonetheless, worthy of me mentioning.

As for the officer that killed his wife, he should have been stripped of his badge, his job, and permanently banned (restricted) from ever owning a firearm ever again after the previous domestic abuse allegation.

Shame on today's legal system!

I could be sarcastic, and say this cop was another example of a "responsible gun owner". It's taken me a while, but I think it's time to repeal the 2nd Amendment, as per weapons. Most of the weapons are used to blow peoples' brains out , in suicides. And 99% of murder victims know the shooter. That leaves 1% as stranger committed murders. And an even tinier fraction is victim killing assaulter . I don't think there is a "responsible gun owner". A gun is a weapon, which takes seconds to load and shoot. And guns are remarkably able to perform over a long period of time. No one can say that a gun owner cannot become depressed, drug addicted, suicidal, angry enough to kill, careless, or any of a thousands reasons for violence, during the life span of his weapon. I came to conclusion of how can you have "responsible gun owners" when any jackass can buy one.

Unfortunately, a lot of slack is cut for criminal police officers. Here in CA, laws were passed several years ago concerning domestic violence & firearms ownership. Basically, anyone convicted of domestic violence will have his firearms confiscated - either for 10 years or permanently at the discretion of the judge. After that law was passed, many police officers were not able to work, so they made "Exceptions."
Domestic violence is most prevalent among police officers. That same need to control & order people around to feel powerful is part of their marriages. Something I've witnessed.

Last edited:
I could be sarcastic, and say this cop was another example of a "responsible gun owner". It's taken me a while, but I think it's time to repeal the 2nd Amendment, as per weapons. Most of the weapons are used to blow peoples' brains out , in suicides. And 99% of murder victims know the shooter. That leaves 1% as stranger committed murders. And an even tinier fraction is victim killing assaulter . I don't think there is a "responsible gun owner". A gun is a weapon, which takes seconds to load and shoot. And guns are remarkably able to perform over a long period of time. No one can say that a gun owner cannot become depressed, drug addicted, suicidal, angry enough to kill, careless, or any of a thousands reasons for violence, during the life span of his weapon. I came to conclusion of how can you have "responsible gun owners" when any jackass can buy one.
Fabricating information doesn't make it true. 😊

He should never have been given his gun back and he should have been fired after first incident.

As for guns, if someone wants kill bad enough, anything will do. Knife, club, bat, 2x4 etc. If I got mad enough to kill and didn't have a gun I'm not waiting to go to a gun store, fill out the paper work and wait the time frame to get said gun. I would use what ever was handy. An orange crush soda bottle once saved me. An angry person came at me with intent to harm me. I had just finished the soda and grabbed it hitting the bottom end against a table, now I had a deadly weapon. Yes a deadly weapon. If I had to slash or jab he person in the jugular vain that person would die before help could arrive. Guns don't kill, people kill with any available means.

Timothy McVeigh, killed 186 people with basically manure which he used to create a bomb.

10,000 suicides. That's so tragic. Often it's teens who had their girlfriend/boyfriend break up with them and would have been over it the next day if that gun hadn't been so handy and deadly
He should never have been given his gun back and he should have been fired after first incident.

As for guns, if someone wants kill bad enough, anything will do. Knife, club, bat, 2x4 etc. If I got mad enough to kill and didn't have a gun I'm not waiting to go to a gun store, fill out the paper work and wait the time frame to get said gun. I would use what ever was handy. An orange crush soda bottle once saved me. An angry person came at me with intent to harm me. I had just finished the soda and grabbed it hitting the bottom end against a table, now I had a deadly weapon. Yes a deadly weapon. If I had to slash or jab he person in the jugular vain that person would die before help could arrive. Guns don't kill, people kill with any available means.

Timothy McVeigh, killed 186 people with basically manure which he used to create a bomb.
And that's almost 4 times the number killed in the worst mass shooting on record. And anyone can buy diesel fuel & fertilizer.

So we've got fertilizer deaths, ball bat deaths, knife deaths, pushing people off cliffs, running over them with your truck, high jacking airplanes and flying them into buildings -- add them all together and they don't even touch gun deaths.
Well, yeah. Gun are easier, quicker & kill more reliably than anything on your list.
That's why I have them. That's why police officers have them.
Last month, a friend visited & asked to check out one of my guns. While handling it, he asked, "Isn't this dangerous?"
"Of course," I said. "It wouldn't be much use if it wasn't."

Yes, Jackasses shouldn't buy guns.
And Ted Kennedy & Princess Dianna's chauffeur shouldn't have bought cars, either.

Japan has very strict gun laws.
In Japan, annual deaths resulting from firearms total

2018: 91
2017: 23
2016: 25
2015: 20
2014: 28
2013: 32
2012: 26
2011: 30
2010: 52
2009: 52
2008: 60
2007: 68
2006: 55
2005: 61
2004: 90
2003: 82
2001: 97
2000: 101
In a study of the number of gun related deaths of US school children, ages 5-18 from 1999-2017=38,942
according to Florida Atlanta University, Schmidt College of Medicine.

Last edited:
Japan has very strict gun laws.
In Japan, annual deaths resulting from firearms total

2018: 91
2017: 23
2016: 25
2015: 20
2014: 28
2013: 32
2012: 26
2011: 30
2010: 52
2009: 52
2008: 60
2007: 68
2006: 55
2005: 61
2004: 90
2003: 82
2001: 97
2000: 101
In a study of the number of gun related deaths of US school children, ages 5-18 from 1999-2017=38,942
according to Florida Atlanta University, Schmidt College of Medicine.
There aren't enough people left to count in Japan after earthquakes & tsunamis. 😁

Unfortunately, a lot of slack is cut for criminal police officers. Here in CA, laws were passed several years ago concerning domestic violence & firearms ownership. Basically, anyone convicted of domestic violence will have his firearms confiscated - either for 10 years or permanently at the discretion of the judge. After that law was passed, many police officers were not able to work, so they made "Exceptions."
Domestic violence is most prevalent among police officers. That same need to control & order people around to feel powerful is part of their marriages. Something I've witnessed.
Federal law also addresses Misdemeanor DV and weapons possession.

Hate to say it but the cops are probably the most crooked, most violent, and most corrupt institution in the USA. As Peter Maas wrote in his book Serpico all those years ago, NYC would probably not have a street drug mess if it wasn't for the cops who control the drug industry. As for this incident, it is very sad but not unexpected because society is so tolerant of crooked cops. It will happen again.

Yes, Jackasses shouldn't buy guns.
And Ted Kennedy & Princess Dianna's chauffeur shouldn't have bought cars, either.
Did you ever consider how tough it is for an old guy like myself to lug even pre-mixed fertilizer into stores, throw it through car windows while driving at speed, or wave my baseball bat out of the car window? Maybe I could stick my cane out of the car window but there's no "thrill to the kill" in doing that.

The gun is the only practical weapon and it can be used so quickly, in a fit of rage, that it's only later that I might re-consider what I've done. I guess the best thing in our present state of affairs is to carry both a mask and a gun and use whichever comes to mind, once someone ask you to don your mask

Did you ever consider how tough it is for an old guy like myself to lug even pre-mixed fertilizer into stores, throw it through car windows while driving at speed, or wave my baseball bat out of the car window? Maybe I could stick my cane out of the car window but there's no "thrill to the kill" in doing that.

The gun is the only practical weapon and it can be used so quickly, in a fit of rage, that it's only later that I might re-consider what I've done. I guess the best thing in our present state of affairs is to carry both a mask and a gun and use whichever comes to mind, once someone ask you to don your mask
A smart person knows their limitations. If you know you're prone to "Fits of Rage" & you lack self control to the point that you might kill someone & "Later re-consider what you've done," guns are not for you.
However, such character flaws don't apply to everyone. They don't apply to me, so I choose to avail myself of the most effective means of self defense - one that doesn't depend on age, size or strength, because those factors shouldn't be what determines who prevails.

Last edited:
A smart person knows their limitations. If you know you're prone to "Fits of Rage" & you lack self control to the point that you might kill someone & "Later re-consider what you've done," guns are not for you.
However, such character flaws don't apply to everyone. They don't apply to me, so I choose to avail myself of the most effective means of self defense.
And we'll never know at what level our "character flaws" will kick in and it's foolish to think that we do. Most of us, that are fearful enough to carry guns are already on edge to some degree.

If one has lived in a world of personal attacks, ( and the horrendous attack on Dennis and his dad come to mind ) I can understand the daily fear that they apparently live with. I'd assume that most have drifted through life without this happening, unless they themselves are aggressive people, or, as a kid, they were the "punching bag" in the schoolyard

For the guy in the article, evidently being personally challenged over store rules pushed him over the edge. He may or not be a responsible gun owner who didn't know his limitations? Maybe he never will but the poor store clerk found out the hard way!!

Our domestic dispute laws do not ever protect the wives from these nut cases. I have seen this time and again. Unconscionable.
There is NO law that can protect anyone from any nut case. The only "Protection" is protecting yourself. Or, as with Presidents & Governors, being surrounded by several security personnel......with EACH one carrying a gun. That option is not available to most of us. That's reality vs fantasy.
How many abused women are found murdered in their home with an "Order of Protection" next to their body?

There is NO law that can protect anyone from any nut case. The only "Protection" is protecting yourself. Or, as with Presidents & Governors, being surrounded by several security personnel......with EACH one carrying a gun. That option is not available to most of us. That's reality vs fantasy.
How many abused women are found murdered in their home with an "Order of Protection" next to their body?
Many of us don't wear beanies with lightning rods attached but you never know when lightning will strike. Best for us to stay off the highways 'less we get hit by an DUI driver. If fear makes up a large corner of one's mind, then I supposed there's not enough protective devices to allow them to relax. For folks with that mindset body armor might make trips to the pharmacy a little less stressful. At least they can't harm anyone accidentally with the armor

However, such character flaws don't apply to everyone. They don't apply to me, so I choose to avail myself of the most effective means of self defense - one that doesn't depend on age, size or strength, because those factors shouldn't be what determines who prevails.
Yet Win, you just admitted to showing your gun to a friend who didn't sound ("Isn't this dangerous?") like the brightest bulb on the tree. Now he knows you have guns and he'll tell all his dumb friends and you have to go to town sometimes.

I'm getting a beanie with a lightning rod attached.

Yet Win, you just admitted to showing your gun to a friend who didn't sound ("Isn't this dangerous?") like the brightest bulb on the tree. Now he knows you have guns and he'll tell all his dumb friends and you have to go to town sometimes.

I'm getting a beanie with a lightning rod attached.
LOL. His friends are my shooting buddies. We are all competitive shooters.

Back