Positive Psychology

I'm glad this is helping you, my friend. However, positive thinking, while, of course, being better than thinking negative thoughts, is still in the relative field of the mind and are on an imaginary basis. This may lead to delusion unless grounded in the power of pure absolute being.
It is the science of being, the absolute, that brings intelligence, stability, the almighty power of nature, and eternal blissfulness into the relative field of life.
I'm so happy you are seeking truths and growing so rapidly in the soul!

I've read some of Martin Seligman's writings on positive psychology. He came up with the PERMA model, which is described on that website here:
https://positivepsychology.com/perma-model/

Seligman’s PERMA Model
  • P – Positive Emotion
  • E – Engagement
  • R – Relationships
  • M – Meaning
  • A – Accomplishments
It makes a lot of sense. If you increase those elements in your life, you'll be happier. The most important element is healthy relationships. Once I learned how to stop my destructive behavior in relationships, I've been much happier.

Seligman is the scientist who did the experiments with dogs back in the '60s to study depression.

I'm glad this is helping you, my friend. However, positive thinking, while, of course, being better than thinking negative thoughts, is still in the relative field of the mind and are on an imaginary basis. This may lead to delusion unless grounded in the power of pure absolute being.
It is the science of being, the absolute, that brings intelligence, stability, the almighty power of nature, and eternal blissfulness into the relative field of life.
I'm so happy you are seeking truths and growing so rapidly in the soul!
You bring up some very good points which I fully agree with. One can become completely delusional if trying to use positive psychology depending on the circumstances, however, for myself lately , I’ve noticed that I’d somehow focus on the things that were wrong. With a mental disorder like OCD, this type of thinking can become a vicious habit that circulates over and over. Practicing positive thinking nips it in the butt and is a reminder to look for all the things that are going on in life that are going well, instead of focussing on the things that aren’t.

Plus in other times in my life when I actively started using these techniques, it made a huge impact in my life. If how we think ultimately affects every aspect of our life, I think practicing healthier ways of thinking would make a huge impact especially for those who may have unhealthy thinking patterns.

Positive thinking is obviously a good thing and helps us to get through difficult times. However, we mustn't mistake it for side-tracking a problem. It's too easy to push away unpleasantness, when confronting it and dealing with it might be a better option.

It seems, to me, that as we age, the biggest challenge is to stay "relevant" and maintain a "purpose" in our daily lives. It's easy when we have a steady job, in our younger years, but when retired, it's often a problem to find something to occupy our time with...both physically and mentally. Becoming addicted to the couch and TV is probably the worst "lifestyle" choice a person can make as we age.

Positive thinking is obviously a good thing and helps us to get through difficult times. However, we mustn't mistake it for side-tracking a problem. It's too easy to push away unpleasantness, when confronting it and dealing with it might be a better option.
I don’t look at it as pushing away any negative or unwanted thought. I look at it at ‘changing the way you look at things, so the things you look at change.’ Yes it’s a Wayne Dyer affirmation but it really works. That’s not to say that there aren’t things you can change by physically working at them either but we are speaking of psychology here.

With a mental disorder like OCD, this type of thinking can become a vicious habit that circulates over and over. Practicing positive thinking nips it in the butt and is a reminder to look for all the things that are going on in life that are going well, instead of focussing on the things that aren’t.
I've experienced some OCD-like tendancies such as rumination, and limerence...very emotionally fatiguing. Positive thinking is a part of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which I wish to self teach, which is my only alternative, besides medication.

The Power Of Positive Thinking: 6 Ways To Be Happy All Day Long

Norman V. Peale successfully tapped into it! So can we.

"Most of us are under the impression that opposites attract. And although this may be true for magnets and couples in bad romances when it comes to the spirit, the opposite is true: like attracts like. In its simplest form, this means that if you learn to harness the power of positive thinking, you’ll attract more positive circumstances". (continue)

The mind can stop all negative thinking. Rid your life of all complaining, all criticism, all gossip and taking pleasure in the demise of others. i did this long ago, but not through a course. I noticed just doing this brought remarkable differences in my life. It's the power of being that is the real basis of life, not the mind. Being is the absolute, eternal existence. Thinking can never be a profound basis for living. Thinking is imaginary and self-deluding, but if you don't want to delve into the charm and bliss of deep meditation, it appears the only recourse.
Being is a concentrated state of happiness to be lived consistantly under all circumstances. No matter what happens, you are consistant in your thought, words and actions. By nature, we should be blissful. We should be grounded in the absolute , unchanging, permanant status. Life, in pure being, should be free from disharmony, misery, suffering, stress, tension, confusion.
Joy and understanding should be the natural experience. This is finding your soul.
Our knowledge in these fields will eventually rise to limitless, unbounded values, absolute existence and God consciousness.
Being, in all love, all harmony, in the God-self within our soul must be brought out into our everyday existence.
Does any of this make any sense?

As always, IMO!

Last edited:
Here’s is a fabulous website about staying positive and how it effects everything about our life. It’s resources are amazing.
https://positivepsychology.com/positive-mindset/
Courtney has some good tools that she offers. I studied with a guy who encouraged many tools, steps to understanding our soul. One that still sticks with me was his other end of positive thinking. That was to eliminate negative thinking. I can catch myself still in the imagery of plucking the negative thought like a weed. A weed is just a flower in an unexpected place. Like a thought neither positive nor negative but an opportunity. And then you understand there really is no spoon!

I've experienced some OCD-like tendancies such as rumination, and limerence...very emotionally fatiguing. Positive thinking is a part of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which I wish to self teach, which is my only alternative, besides medication.
OCD tendencies of rumination are a real problem for me. This is the type of rumination I’m referring to . It’s a type of loop pattern of thinking that can get worse over time.
https://www.mentalhelp.net/blogs/five-ways-to-escape-the-cycle-of-rumination/
At the moment I’m taking a type of counselling course that’s been very helpful with thought awareness as well as focussing on healthy thought patterns as opposed to negative self criticism. Quitting cannabis has also helped greatly and taking the proper prescribed medication.

The Power Of Positive Thinking: 6 Ways To Be Happy All Day Long

Norman V. Peale successfully tapped into it! So can we.

"Most of us are under the impression that opposites attract. And although this may be true for magnets and couples in bad romances when it comes to the spirit, the opposite is true: like attracts like. In its simplest form, this means that if you learn to harness the power of positive thinking, you’ll attract more positive circumstances". (continue)
This is a great article . I’d like to add another one to the list; journaling. Journaling seems to help with self awareness and keep us on track with our goals and life purpose. Quite often we start off new habits and unless we have some way of keeping track we go off track. ( at least that’s been my experience )

I also believe that like attracts like

Today I listened to this video and it’s a true game changer. Joe Dispenza has a way of explaining how life really works by using our mind in a healthy constructive way and by doing so we change our energy vibration which changes who we are.

This is something I’m going to listen to often so I can absorb as much of it as I can. He claims that studies have been done on using placebos for people with depression and after 8 weeks, 80% of those same people improved significantly, proving that if you expect something to work it will. Our minds are THAT powerful.

The memory without the emotion is called wisdom.

When you are inside the jar, you can’t see the label.

THIS is definitely something I will add to positive psychology.

Back