Positive Self-Talk

Ruthanne

SF VIP
With all of the various afflictions we may have living in a crazy world I think we need to consider doing positive self talk just to keep going day to day in a beneficial manner to us. I just told myself how to walk better, how to think of the good things I have, how I need to appreciate the good in myself and everyone, and take it one day at a time to get through each day.

What kind of positive self talk to you engage in with yourself?

Ruthanne, I think it is a good thing to think positively about yourself and speak it out loud. I heard of the benefits of positive affirmations said aloud in the morning too, and their effects on your day. I did that for awhile, but fell out of it quickly, will try it again.

Ruthanne, I think it is a good thing to think positively about yourself and speak it out loud. I heard of the benefits of positive affirmations said aloud in the morning too, and their effects on your day. I did that for awhile, but fell out of it quickly, will try it again.
Practicing something makes it become more of a good habit as you probably know. I fall out of it a lot. I try to jump back in there though and do it so my life goes better.

if you gonna talk to yourself all day, it may as well be positive...
"Hypo. You are special. You are unique. there is no one like you. You bring joy to me every time I see you in the mirror. Your smile is a shining light for everyone. And I just love the way you walk."
Yeah, that's for sure..putting oneself down and negative self talk only hurts us. And Hypo you are special and a great person!! :)

Self-talk is an integral part of our on-going internal dialogue. We give and are given messages each day that can affect our functioning and personal happiness. We need to be our own cheerleaders, telling ourselves for example that we are capable, that we can do things, and afterwards than we did a good job.

I have been through the Dale Carnegie course. I am sure others on this forum have also done the same. The course teaches its’ students all about positive thinking and leading a positive life while trying to share that lifestyle with those around us.

It’s meant to motivate the student to always be positive and never have an “I can’t” thinking mode. I applied what I learned quite a bit, but there were times when it was challenging.

I think there is an online course. I also think it’s expensive. www.dalecarnegie.com

Self-talk is an integral part of our on-going internal dialogue. We give and are given messages each day that can affect our functioning and personal happiness. We need to be our own cheerleaders, telling ourselves for example that we are capable, that we can do things, and afterwards than we did a good job.
Yes, it is an integral part of us. I agree with all you said.

I have been through the Dale Carnegie course. I am sure others on this forum have also done the same. The course teaches its’ students all about positive thinking and leading a positive life while trying to share that lifestyle with those around us.

It’s meant to motivate the student to always be positive and never have an “I can’t” thinking mode. I applied what I learned quite a bit, but there were times when it was challenging.

I think there is an online course. I also think it’s expensive. www.dalecarnegie.com
Just keeping an awareness of the things we tell ourselves is a start. It greatly effects our mood.

I'm not talking about being an egomaniac; just being a good friend to yourself.

I remind myself that I am a child of the Universe, I am worthy because I am here. Broken rocks are still useful, and the strongest characters are full of scars. As long as I can reach out to others with love and compassion, that is enough.
Thankyou that's beautiful! 😄💝

I have always said my affirmations each day. Mainly I try to be grateful for everything that comes my way as there is a reason for it. I am specially grateful for the little things. Thankful for no falls today and a good nap that refreshed me. My Meyer lemon tree has 4 nice sized lemons this year and hopefully the squirrels will let me have a couple.

Back