Positivity

Spend some time watching videos of some classic rock concerts. Many of them were even better than how we remember them since the sound we can get on our home stereo if far better than how they sounded in arenas and other concert venues, unless of course, you were near the stage and you could hear what the musicians were hearing.

The drugs I did in my youth put me into a kind of trance-like state when I'd listen to music. It was as if nothing else mattered except for the music. I loved it because it put me in another world. I no longer do drugs, but I can still get into the state of mind when I listen to good music turned up.

When you get into that state of mind where you're completely absorbed in the moment, that's what some people in the field of positive psychology call a "state of flow" or "engagement" or "in the zone." Entire books have been written on the subject. I can get into that mindset when I'm playing my guitar. Some people get there by reading or engaging in hobbies.

Clint Eastwood is 100% right, "Don't let the old man in." Unfortunately I know some folks that are only in their 50s and they have let in the old man. Of course, I knew this nice lady (now gone) that loved going on cruises way up in her 80s. The ship would return to port and she would just get on another one and "sail away." Of course, she had the "bucks" and enjoyed having a suite and entertaining her many friends with ample glasses of booze. We should all be so lucky!

94e1f723c5465961cf62aa6d799a847b.jpg

Pi suggested these websites for good news:

Here's a list of websites that focus on positive and upliftin' news stories:

1. Good News Network (goodnewsnetwork.org) - A website dedicated solely to positive news stories from around the world.
2. Positive News (positive.news) - A UK-based website that covers a range of positive news stories on topics such as science, environment, and social progress.
3. The Optimist Daily (optimistdaily.com) - A website that aims to provide a dose of optimism through its coverage of positive news stories.
4. The Good News Section (thegoodnewssection.com) - A website that aggregates positive news stories from various sources.
5. The Happy Broadcast (thehappybroadcast.com) - A website that shares upliftin' news stories, with an emphasis on environmental and social issues.
6. Positive Outlooks (positiveoutlooks.org) - A website that focuses on positive news related to health, science, and lifestyle.

I hope these websites bring some joy and inspiration to your day!

Back