Post one favorite photo you took (max 1 per day) with some details.

Pinky

Wow! When young, we used to go to the local drags every Saturday night. Great memories.

Still liking fast cars at 70 -- it's an '07 Vette, but I'm not as crazy as I used to be:

I used to go with a boyfriend whose brother-in-law drove in those drag races. Love the sights/sounds/smells. Those were the days!

I'mnotdeadyet

I used to go with a boyfriend whose brother-in-law drove in those drag races. Love the sights/sounds/smells. Those were the days!
Yeah the sounds were amazing.

If you were in Toronto then, you must remember "Sunday! Nia - aaa - gara!" :D
We used to go to Detroit Dragway when I was a kid. As an adult I moved to Milan, and there's a track just 5 miles from town. Lived here for 25 years and never went until last year. I applied for the media pass and was granted one. Let me tell you, as much fun as this is from the stands, standing next to a funny car or rail when it comes off the line is a humbling experience. The volume is unbelievable. Ear plugs are an absolute must, and the pressure as it drums on your chest is crazy. I shoot a lot from about 100' from the start. By the time they get to me they're hitting well over 100mph and are at full throttle. I love it!

peppermint

Not a beauty shot, but an example of the drag strip. It's tough to pick a favorite because I typically make anywhere from 800-1000 photos a day when out there. Some of those are burst shots to catch that specific moment, like this one:

Old Sch_0028d by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

You can click through the photo to my "Shotglassphoto" Flickr site if you like. This is not the same site I use for other photos.
We went to the drag's when we were around 19 years old....I do have a picture of my husbands Ford....

I'mnotdeadyet

One from yesterday evening. I belong to the Yankee Air Force. They had some mini air shows after Thunder Over Michigan was cancelled due to COVID. This was a major loss of an annual fundraiser for us. They set this up for 40 cars only, $250/car, cram in as many people as you want. Bring your own lawn chair, food, drink. Each car was given it's own 'social distancing' space for people to mill around. I volunteered for traffic control and was free to shoot photos and watch the aircraft until it was time for folks to leave.

drifter

One from yesterday evening. I belong to the Yankee Air Force. They had some mini air shows after Thunder Over Michigan was cancelled due to COVID. This was a major loss of an annual fundraiser for us. They set this up for 40 cars only, $250/car, cram in as many people as you want. Bring your own lawn chair, food, drink. Each car was given it's own 'social distancing' space for people to mill around. I volunteered for traffic control and was free to shoot photos and watch the aircraft until it was time for folks to leave.

Welcolm to the forum.

Old Dummy

Just another nobody
Canandaigua Lake, about 5-6 miles from me:

EDIT: I DID NOT take this pik! I just realized that was one of the criteria. :(

Canandaigua Lake 1 R.jpg

Last edited:

hollydolly

SF VIP
The difference a pandemic year can make...

This is a very popular riverside pub..always packed to the gunwales for families to eat indoors and out .
I took this photo 12 months ago...

..almost exactly to the day , a year later around the same time of day 2 months after lockdown was lifted.. and with social distancing now in place..
also notice they've blocked one exit to the right.. so only one way in and out...