Post one favorite photo you took (max 1 per day) with some details.

Wow! When young, we used to go to the local drags every Saturday night. Great memories.

Still liking fast cars at 70 -- it's an '07 Vette, but I'm not as crazy as I used to be:

W4G6oQu.jpg
I used to go with a boyfriend whose brother-in-law drove in those drag races. Love the sights/sounds/smells. Those were the days!

I used to go with a boyfriend whose brother-in-law drove in those drag races. Love the sights/sounds/smells. Those were the days!
Yeah the sounds were amazing.

If you were in Toronto then, you must remember "Sunday! Nia - aaa - gara!" :D
We used to go to Detroit Dragway when I was a kid. As an adult I moved to Milan, and there's a track just 5 miles from town. Lived here for 25 years and never went until last year. I applied for the media pass and was granted one. Let me tell you, as much fun as this is from the stands, standing next to a funny car or rail when it comes off the line is a humbling experience. The volume is unbelievable. Ear plugs are an absolute must, and the pressure as it drums on your chest is crazy. I shoot a lot from about 100' from the start. By the time they get to me they're hitting well over 100mph and are at full throttle. I love it!

48400193161_e4a3ed55ad_h.jpg

Not a beauty shot, but an example of the drag strip. It's tough to pick a favorite because I typically make anywhere from 800-1000 photos a day when out there. Some of those are burst shots to catch that specific moment, like this one:

Old Sch_0028d by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

You can click through the photo to my "Shotglassphoto" Flickr site if you like. This is not the same site I use for other photos.
We went to the drag's when we were around 19 years old....I do have a picture of my husbands Ford....

One from yesterday evening. I belong to the Yankee Air Force. They had some mini air shows after Thunder Over Michigan was cancelled due to COVID. This was a major loss of an annual fundraiser for us. They set this up for 40 cars only, $250/car, cram in as many people as you want. Bring your own lawn chair, food, drink. Each car was given it's own 'social distancing' space for people to mill around. I volunteered for traffic control and was free to shoot photos and watch the aircraft until it was time for folks to leave.

50334728847_3fa1e99945_c.jpg

One from yesterday evening. I belong to the Yankee Air Force. They had some mini air shows after Thunder Over Michigan was cancelled due to COVID. This was a major loss of an annual fundraiser for us. They set this up for 40 cars only, $250/car, cram in as many people as you want. Bring your own lawn chair, food, drink. Each car was given it's own 'social distancing' space for people to mill around. I volunteered for traffic control and was free to shoot photos and watch the aircraft until it was time for folks to leave.

50334728847_3fa1e99945_c.jpg
Welcolm to the forum.

A photo taken with my mini iPad this time last year up the Gold Coast (Mount Tamborine ) Queensland.
We intended exploring MT more this year while up there for 2 months during winter, but we can’t even get into Queensland at this stage because of border closures BD2F3799-4FED-484E-BC45-2F8CAFBB0DA5.jpeg

The difference a pandemic year can make...

This is a very popular riverside pub..always packed to the gunwales for families to eat indoors and out .
I took this photo 12 months ago...

the-boat-2019-HD.jpg

..almost exactly to the day , a year later around the same time of day 2 months after lockdown was lifted.. and with social distancing now in place..
also notice they've blocked one exit to the right.. so only one way in and out...
The-Boat-Berko-july-2020-HD.jpg

Back