Post one favorite photo you took (max 1 per day) with some details.

Nearby meadow and stream where a few horses are left to graze there most days....

Horse-HD.jpg

Chalk Streams, few people I suspect who walk by one do not stop and gaze into their crystal clear waters and watch the long flowing weeds dancing in the current, some even may be fascinated from a young age wondering what might be hiding beneath, like a brightly speckled trout. Few I suspect know that Chalk Streams are extremely rare in the world, rarer even than existing rain forests.
Lunch at the Mayfly Inn on the Test above Stockbridge in the UK is a favourite place for me and I think there may be a few in Montana.

Chalk Streams, few people I suspect who walk by one do not stop and gaze into their crystal clear waters and watch the long flowing weeds dancing in the current, some even may be fascinated from a young age wondering what might be hiding beneath, like a brightly speckled trout. Few I suspect know that Chalk Streams are extremely rare in the world, rarer even than existing rain forests.
Lunch at the Mayfly Inn on the Test above Stockbridge in the UK is a favourite place for me and I think there may be a few in Montana.
In this instance it's the river Mimram which runs past our house....

I've never seen a duck with feathers of that type of blue .. gorgeous!
This family of ducks live in the stream under the bridge in the village.. , Pinks... when the sun shines their coats glimmer with such beauty...but in reality, honestly if you get close enough to most ducks you will see they all have such beautiful feathers of all different colours :D

This family of ducks live in the stream under the bridge in the village.. , Pinks... when the sun shines their coats glimmer with such beauty...but in reality, honestly if you get close enough to most ducks you will see they all have such beautiful feathers of all different colours :D
I've seen blues in ducks, and even pigeons .. but not that light hue. You're fortunate to live in an area where there is a lot of wildlife.

This is a treasured plate given to my mother when she was a young girl, married at 18. Not sure how she acquired it because she had an Irish mother, but guessing it was because she married my dad who had strong links to Scotland. Have no idea how old it is.

robby burns.jpg
Robert Burns, also known familiarly as Rabbie Burns, the National Bard, Bard of Ayrshire and the Ploughman Poet and various other names and epithets, was a Scottish poet and lyricist. He is widely regarded as the national poet of Scotland and is celebrated worldwide.

This is a treasured plate given to my mother when she was a young girl, married at 18. Not sure how she acquired it because she had an Irish mother, but guessing it was because she married my dad who had strong links to Scotland. Have no idea how old it is.

View attachment 145407
Robert Burns, also known familiarly as Rabbie Burns, the National Bard, Bard of Ayrshire and the Ploughman Poet and various other names and epithets, was a Scottish poet and lyricist. He is widely regarded as the national poet of Scotland and is celebrated worldwide.
Growing up in Scotland these plates were very popular in our grandparents houses... we even visited Rabbie Burns cottage once too

Back