Post one favorite photo you took (max 1 per day) with some details.

Ducks-stream-pond-HD.jpg
My Ducks

Attachments

• IMG_5316.JPG
    IMG_5316.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 5
My earliest photo in the family collection. My late husband's great grandparents in a north western NSW country town, Australia. Think it was taken around the 1890s.

1890 GrannyAndPop.jpg

Until the 1890s, photography was primarily a professional occupation. The advent of consumer photography in that final decade of the 19th century, can therefore be considered a major step in photographic history. Again, this development was driven by technological advancements: in the 1880s, the American George Eastman had launched a flexible roll film as well as the first Kodak camera. This portable device – no longer requiring a tripod – offered 100 exposures, only to be processed after having returned the entire camera to the Eastman company. The result: circle-shaped pictures of recommendable quality. While professional photographers and artists explored this new tool from a creative standpoint, domestic and snapshot photography took a flying start: anyone capable of pressing a button and winding a crank could now be a photographer, capturing whatever he or she might find interesting – for an affordable price. Source.
https://www.photoconsortium.net/his...tones/1890s-mass-market-domestic-photography/

A studio shot from around the same time I believe.

1891Ancestors Scotland v2 72.jpg

My earliest photo in the family collection. My late husband's great grandparents in a north western NSW country town, Australia. Think it was taken around the 1890s.

View attachment 145984

Until the 1890s, photography was primarily a professional occupation. The advent of consumer photography in that final decade of the 19th century, can therefore be considered a major step in photographic history. Again, this development was driven by technological advancements: in the 1880s, the American George Eastman had launched a flexible roll film as well as the first Kodak camera. This portable device – no longer requiring a tripod – offered 100 exposures, only to be processed after having returned the entire camera to the Eastman company. The result: circle-shaped pictures of recommendable quality. While professional photographers and artists explored this new tool from a creative standpoint, domestic and snapshot photography took a flying start: anyone capable of pressing a button and winding a crank could now be a photographer, capturing whatever he or she might find interesting – for an affordable price. Source.
https://www.photoconsortium.net/his...tones/1890s-mass-market-domestic-photography/

A studio shot from around the same time I believe.

View attachment 145985
@RnR .. remarkable photographs. I'm surprised at the clarity of the family photo.

Another favorite, this was taken early morning in late December day several years back. Diners are a great place to meet up, especially for fueling up the body for an all day ride. On this morning, two of us were headed for Cape Cod and I took the picture before the other rider arrived for breakfast.

dec_2014_diner.jpg

Some of the more senior folks who like to meet up at these diners seem to find some encouragement when they see an even older person show up on a motorcycle. As a side note, someone on another forum said the picture reminded him of artist Edward Hopper (e.g., Hopper's "Nighthawks" art). Anyway, this is a picture that will put a smile on my face should the time come when I can no longer ride.

Back