Potato pancakes

Camper6

Attachments

• potatopancakes.jpg
    potatopancakes.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 4
I remember them from the old days with bacon or salami bits right in the pancakes but it was like a huge pie not individuals.
Oh no these are individual scones ( pancakes) .. no meat in them, ...
IMG-3147-1024x683.jpg

Good latkes recipe, using mashed potatoes, instead of shredded ones. I substitute egg replacer, vegan cheddar, and (very low gluten) spelt flour. Applesauce and vegan sour cream are a must, when serving, at my table.

I have an old cookbook. I will look it up. I notice the old recipes use lard.
I have never used Lard, even in school when we were taught to make scones ( 50 years ago), we always used margarine or butter... . Try and make sure your butter is really cold and chopped into little pieces , and then when rubbing into the flour use just a light touch with cold fingertips and keep your fingers high above the mixing bowl.. until the mix resembles breadcrumbs..

Mrs L. uses margarine. She say's she never uses lard and is too mean to use butter. No matter, her scones taste great. I cook the family meals, Mrs. L does the baking. Our son bakes his own bread - he doesn't eat shop bought bread at all.

I have never used Lard, even in school when we were taught to make scones ( 50 years ago), we always used margarine or butter... . Try and make sure your butter is really cold and chopped into little pieces , and then when rubbing into the flour use just a light touch with cold fingertips and keep your fingers high above the mixing bowl.. until the mix resembles breadcrumbs..
I have a kind of a wire gizmo that breaks up the butter into the flour.

Mrs L. uses margarine. She say's she never uses lard and is too mean to use butter. No matter, her scones taste great. I cook the family meals, Mrs. L does the baking. Our son bakes his own bread - he doesn't eat shop bought bread at all.
I understand. Working the dough too much even for pies makes it tough.

Back