"Pulled" My Knee

Progress report on knee: Been taking Naproxen as directed (the label warns about taking too much), putting ice on and right above my knee, been wearing the knee brace and resting it mostly and also being very careful.

It is getting better but not fully better yet. I really appreciate everyone's replies, ideas, cautions, advice and caring; means a lot to me! ❣️

Ruthanne, be careful of that Naproxen --it packs a load of sodium. I have a vague recollection of your mentioning kidney trouble, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
Thanks Butterfly. I have been taking it as the label says and abiding the warnings on it. No, I don't have kidney trouble but need to avoid too much salt for liver reasons.

Progress report on knee: Been taking Naproxen as directed (the label warns about taking too much), putting ice on and right above my knee, been wearing the knee brace and resting it mostly and also being very careful.

It is getting better but not fully better yet. I really appreciate everyone's replies, ideas, cautions, advice and caring; means a lot to me! ❣️
Good to hear it's improving Ruthanne, wishing you a full recovery.

6700fd77c6f4fc9762226242ff8ff6ec.jpg

a few years ago i did something to my arm--i couldnt move it -i went to my pc doctor and the twit wouldnt even give me anything for pain--i went to urgent care she said i was having a heart attack--another twit--i made an appointment with a bone doctor and he checked it -he took some needles and gently put along my arm it was a pinched nerve i left there with no pain at all

Glad to hear you are doing a little better Ruthanne. I have arthritis in my back, hips and legs too. I can relate how you feel. I tried several prescription pain pills, but they caused different problems.
If you are able, try walking for a few minutes every day. I think this helps me, but don’t over do it.
Lots of Tylenol too.
Thankyou Pappy. I do walk the dog most days. I take naproxen but not too often.

a few years ago i did something to my arm--i couldnt move it -i went to my pc doctor and the twit wouldnt even give me anything for pain--i went to urgent care she said i was having a heart attack--another twit--i made an appointment with a bone doctor and he checked it -he took some needles and gently put along my arm it was a pinched nerve i left there with no pain at all
Glad you were able to find a proper cure.......sadly some in the medical professions shouldn't be in them......sorry you had to see some twits, in order to find results......happy it turned out for the good.

Hi Ruth,sorry just saw your post,can tell you what I've experienced
I had partial right knee surgery in 2004,the knee start to bother me last yr,had xrays taken I have condtion{can't remember medical term} where calcium crystals get in between the cartiledge makes the knee stiff&sore,can't sit for long periods of time.When it really bothers me,I ice it take Aleve at night.I still do the exercises my therapist gave me 16 yrs every morning when I get out of bed.It limbers up the knee before I take my 1st walk of the day
Last Nov I was diagnosed with osterarthritis in my left knee.My dr's NP told me I'd probably have to have surgery in 2 yrs.I had trouble then walking up/down stairs,really stiff &sore.I went to physical therapy in Jan-March a couple times/wk,my therapist really helped me.I still do the exercises he gave me every day,the knee feels alot better.I walk up/down the stairs almost every day.It hasn't stopped me for going on my daily walks.I don't use a knee brace ,once in awhile I use the heating pad only my left knee. Sue

Back