PUR water pitcher filter

Chucktin

We purchased a new PUR pitcher with filters. This one keeps track of the filter life with a sensor built into the lid.

The sensor seems to keep track of the life of the filter by recording how often the butcher pours?
But ... That means a 4 oz pour is equal to a full pitcher pour? NOT.

Also I didn't see, in the instructions, any mention of how the life of the sensor and that of the picher correspond nor how the pitcher could know when the filter is replaced. Hmm.

We purchased a new PUR pitcher with filters. This one keeps track of the filter life with a sensor built into the lid.

The sensor seems to keep track of the life of the filter by recording how often the butcher pours?
But ... That means a 4 oz pour is equal to a full pitcher pour? NOT.

Also I didn't see, in the instructions, any mention of how the life of the sensor and that of the picher correspond nor how the pitcher could know when the filter is replaced. Hmm.

I have the faucet version.....suppose to blink green when filter is new, then yellow , and finally red when it needs to be changed. It blinks red all the time....hummm. I suppose I'll look and see if there is an 800# ? give'em a call.

"100 gallons or three months" is on the faucet cartridge box. I saw a piece recently stating 50% of the bottle water brands are equivalent to tap water and this is pretty much common knowledge.

There is a reset button on mine. I changed my filter and could not get it to work. My son-in-law looked at it and it was inside where you put the filter.down near the bottom
was something you could push and he put the filter back on and it worked. I read the instrustions and nowhere did I see a mention of a reset button.

Why do you need a filter? A lot of rural properties here have their own wells and filter systems, but for those of us with a mains supply, it would be hard to improve on the water that comes out of our taps.
I can taste the difference for one. Several buildings in my condominum order their water delivered because their water has a Sulphur odor to it nd occasionally so does mine.

Right now we have a Brita pitcher that we really like. But we want to replace it with a bigger one, as we do drink a lot of water. How does Pur compare. If you have tried Brita, do you like one over the other?

Right now we have a Brita pitcher that we really like. But we want to replace it with a bigger one, as we do drink a lot of water. How does Pur compare. If you have tried Brita, do you like one over the other?

My experience with PUR is poor quality and the head mounted on the fuacett is bulky. The first one started cracking and leaked and the second one does not fit as it should on the faucett so water runs from the connection. Brita is simple just pour water in to the filter and you are done. I prefer Brita. A difference in taste? None a far as I can tell.

I don't trust the sensor's ever since I installed my new refrigerator. The location being where it is didn't allow me to connect the water line for the filter. However, once every 2 months, like clockwork the replace filter light comes on. :confused: I'm starting to think that maybe... just maybe... it's designed to sell more filters. :(

We don't have a well. Our lake water has manyu impurities in it including arsonic so I have gone through a number of filtered pitchers. I now have a Pur. It seems t work better than most. Because we go through a lot of filtered water I change my filter every other month. I changed mine last on Apriol 5th. Sometime after the first of june I will change it again, and so on and so forth. That works good for me.

We don't have a well. Our lake water has manyu impurities in it including arsonic so I have gone through a number of filtered pitchers. I now have a Pur. It seems t work better than most. Because we go through a lot of filtered water I change my filter every other month. I changed mine last on Apriol 5th. Sometime after the first of june I will change it again, and so on and so forth. That works good for me.
The PUR filter should be good for 40 gallons.

I used the PUR filter pitchers for a few years; then the filters were outsourced for cheaper manufacture & the water started to taste bad.

I switched to the Zero filter pitcher & the water tastes great again.

Back