Random Pictures taken using your Phone..Let's see yours

We do get some beautiful light on Autumn and winter days...we get a lot of artists coming here to paint as well..

Yes most of my pictures are taken on my camera, but if I'm out without it, and I see a shots like the above just begging to be taken, I use the phone.. :D

Holly, I love the shot in the woods with the leaves. It captures the slope of the land well and the distance. I wish I could get pictures like that in the woods, but they always come out two-dimensional.

Last edited:
Nancy I'm a bit of a light freak tbh...and particularly in the autumn or winter, I will see how the light is falling and I'll grab my camera or phone and run out the door and take some pictures. I'm very lucky that I live in a beautiful rural area,, with the woods right behind the house, beautiful farmland right next to me and many of the the rivers and streams only 5 minutes drive away...often the last thing my husband will hear is me calling....''be back in a while, the lights just right..off to take some pictures''...as I race right out the door.. :D

Nancy I'm a bit of a light freak tbh...and particularly in the autumn or winter, I will see how the light is falling and I'll grab my camera or phone and run out the door and take some pictures. I'm very lucky that I live in a beautiful rural area,, with the woods right behind the house, beautiful farmland right next to me and many of the the rivers and streams only 5 minutes drive away...often the last thing my husband will hear is me calling....''be back in a while, the lights just right..off to take some pictures''...as I race right out the door.. :D

We get fabulous lighting here which grabs my eye. Especially at dusk over the water and the hills on the other side. My hubby will push me out the door in the morning to take sunrise photos on the cold front porch. He'll say 'suffer for your art'!

Nancy I'm a bit of a light freak tbh...and particularly in the autumn or winter, I will see how the light is falling and I'll grab my camera or phone and run out the door and take some pictures.

I see what you mean, looking at the picture again. The shadows give it the depth it needs. Thanks for the tip!

hahaha...that's what my hubs says I do...suffer for my art.. :D

Me too, but I could do more. Hub keeps saying I should get in the car before dawn and go to a loch that can be dead flat still at the time of morning. I've yet to do it.

I've stood on the freezing front porch in my nightie and robe taking many photos of sunrises. I've crawled in the mud to get macros of certain flowers.

I see what you mean, looking at the picture again. The shadows give it the depth it needs. Thanks for the tip!

You're very welcome Nancy ..I'm far from an expert but I everyone says I have an ''eye' for a picture..and I really only have a point and shoot bridge camera and my phone so no fancy camera either.. :D

Me too, but I could do more. Hub keeps saying I should get in the car before dawn and go to a loch that can be dead flat still at the time of morning. I've yet to do it.

I've stood on the freezing front porch in my nightie and robe taking many photos of sunrises. I've crawled in the mud to get macros of certain flowers.

I've gotta say I've never got up before Dawn to specifically take a picture...but if I am up, I've been known to go and take a picture..but I agree with your hubs, if there's an opportunity waiting at the loch for a spectacular photie you should go..even just the once :D

I'm a great believer in taking shots at all different times of the day..I just wish I had a camera that took better shots at night, the fuji is rubbish at it. In fact I do need a new camera really, and I've been researching reviews for ages, and I can't come up with anything with all the specifications I need..

I've gotta say I've never got up before Dawn to specifically take a picture...but if I am up, I've been known to go and take a picture..but I agree with your hubs, if there's an opportunity waiting at the loch for a spectacular photie you should go..even just the once :D

I'm a great believer in taking shots at all different times of the day..I just wish I had a camera that took better shots at night, the fuji is rubbish at it. In fact I do need a new camera really, and I've been researching reviews for ages, and I can't come up with anything with all the specifications I need..

I really should do it! Flat calm water with all the reflections are spectacular!

I got serious about photography while living in Uganda but didn't get a really good camera until 4 years ago - a Canon Rebel T2ii - so I had to learn about lenses and lighting and speed and all that. I love having much more control. Nighttime photos are still difficult though if it's pitch black. Moon photos are a challenge but I got once decent one.

aww those sunsets ..how glorious Annie..:D and the one in Uganda with your hubs and the children is just soo colourful...I did laugh tho' because with the newspaper in his hand and the smile on his face your o/h looks like he might have just come out of the loo... ;)

more of my phone pics...an eclectic mix from the Blackberry

IMG-20131114-00298.jpg at the farm shop

IMG-20130516-00136.jpg flowers in the boulevard opposite where I work

IMG-20140505-00269.jpg looking down at the Southbank on the Thames from the roof restaurant at the festival hall London

IMG00049-20121015-0944.jpg a toadstool growing in our garden border..

Hollydolly, your autumn photos with the golden lighting are wonderful! Ameriscot, the children are absolutely adorable in that photo, and your sunset is sooo peaceful! I'm really amazed that such good quality pictures can come from a cell phone.

SB..honestly cameras on mobile phones have come a long way over the years, some phones take better pictures than many point and shoot cameras...as well as videos. I have several videos taken on my phone too.

Thanks for your lovely comments.. :D

aww those sunsets ..how glorious Annie..:D and the one in Uganda with your hubs and the children is just soo colourful...I did laugh tho' because with the newspaper in his hand and the smile on his face your o/h looks like he might have just come out of the loo... ;)

I was really pleased with that sunset pic! LOL. No, he hadn't just come out of the loo. The kids were dancing for us.

Hollydolly, your autumn photos with the golden lighting are wonderful! Ameriscot, the children are absolutely adorable in that photo, and your sunset is sooo peaceful! I'm really amazed that such good quality pictures can come from a cell phone.

They are really more than a cell phone as smartphones are much higher quality in every way. Mine does good videos as well.

Here's the review of my phone and it's last year's model:
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s5-1226990/review/6

Back