Random Pictures taken using your Phone..Let's see yours

Robin-redbreast.jpg

Inn at Sunrise Point. If you are every planning a trip to coastal Maine, and you want the best experience of your life in a Bed & Breakfast, you have to stay here. We travel extensively and stay beautiful places around the world, but nothing compares to Sunrise Point.
View attachment 261894View attachment 261895View attachment 261896

View attachment 261897
That really is a beautiful spot. On the west coast I don’t think our sunrises are as special as they are on your side. But when I let the dogs out this morning I was struck by how red the light was so I took a couple photos.

1673539581215.jpeg

1673539629783.jpeg

By the time I took the last one the light wasn’t coming in at as low an angle in the park seen over my back fence.

1673539781764.jpeg

I’ve only stayed in one place in Maine, on Deer Island at the Haystack School of Crafts. This picture was taken of myself and my wife with her teaching assistant between us when she taught a week long weaving course in the summer of 2005. I have no photos from other stays. Only on the last one did I actually sit in on a class (in ceramics). Taken from the top of the stairs leading down to studios and lodging.

1673540628479.jpeg

Last edited:
That really is a beautiful spot. On the west coast I don’t think our sunrises are as special as they are on your side. But when I let the dogs out this morning I was struck by how red the light was so I took a couple photos.

View attachment 262008

View attachment 262009

By the time I took the last one the light wasn’t coming in at as low an angle in the park seen over my back fence.

View attachment 262010
But you get the sunsets!
Being on the East coast, there are a few times that are really awe inspiring.
Winter time, snow on the ground, looking out towards the ocean, when there is cloud cover on the mainland but there are no clouds at the sunrise level.
The sun reflects off the bottom if the clouds and actually changes colors of everything, subtle, but in a dramatic way.
Its a rare occurrence. I'll have to capture it next time it happens.

But you get the sunsets!
Being on the East coast, there are a few times that are really awe inspiring.
Winter time, snow on the ground, looking out towards the ocean, when there is cloud cover on the mainland but there are no clouds at the sunrise level.
The sun reflects off the bottom if the clouds and actually changes colors of everything, subtle, but in a dramatic way.
Its a rare occurrence. I'll have to capture it next time it happens.

Please do post some when you can. Some effects are harder for the camera to see than for our eyes.

I lived in Maryland for grades 8-10 and the lightening storms and fireflies were also memorable. Fall color is great and there are so many wonder public gardens.

Back