Reflections of My Life

My plans for today was to finally get to my laundry and vacuuming. But stupid me! I forgot that today is the day Sonny and I are supposed to visit his cousin's horse stable again. When he reminded me last night, I was not a happy camper. I hate going to visit people and even though I love horses, well, they are not my horses. I don't know if mine are even alive at this point and I found myself wishing those were the ones I was going to see. So this is the last time I am making plans ahead of time to visit someone.

I have not enjoyed Christmas time in a very long time. I am not sad about it or lonely. My thoughts about it is that I spent many Christmas's in the past when my son was growing up, that was like in a movie. With my first husband. I would go all out for it. He was Jewish and he really enjoyed my Christmas traditions that I made myself for my son.

In the last years of living at my house (my last house), I loved it if there was a bad snowstorm on Christmas so I could stay home. My husband would go to his family's home (when his mother was alive) to a big Christmas celebration. I would offer to stay home due to the snow and to make sure our horses had water and hay through out the day. Otherwise if we both went we always had to leave early due to worrying about the horses. I loved it when I was home alone and it was snowing..........makes it very quiet outside with just the sound of the snow coming down. Peaceful! Not like that in a city.

So today..............will try to make the best of it and be nice.

@katlupe ,
I can relate to your Christmas thoughts.
My mother always make a big thing out of Christmas.

She left such a big hole in my heart when she passed away,years ago.
Was very hard for me to make memorable Christmases for our sons.

Now they are grown & far from home,,makes it hard to even think of putting few Christmas decorations up.
I may get out a few of my snowmen ,, some garland & lights to make us feel cherry.

Enjoy the visit with the horses,, give them a pat from me.
If my last horse is still alive ,, he'd be old, hopefully living a good life.

I should know better than dreading to do something with Sonny! I had a very nice day yesterday. The horses were happy to see us and especially happy when I fed them apples and carrots. I cannot believe it, but I saw those horses in the pasture, which was down an incline and quite a bit of distance (for me) but I had this desire to walk (with my walker, of course) to them. Rebecca was showing Sonny where he could drive the car to miss the muddy areas to take me down it or she could bring the horses up to the barn. I was like....No, I want to walk down to them. I started pushing my walker and went all the way down. It was not hard at all (the Lord was definitely with me showing me that I could do it).

When we got to the bottom, I left my walker and walked to the gate. Sonny sat on my walker and Rebecca and I fed the horses their treats. When we went back up, I felt the exertion when I was almost to the top. Like when you exercise. It was Sonny I was a little worried about due to his health issues. But he did fine. And so far this morning, my legs (knees especially) do not hurt like they normally would when I do much work on my feet.

Then we went inside the arena and had coffee and hot cocoa and gave treats to the minis. The minis are adorable. They belonged to a lady who was in her 90's. She kept the smaller one, Magic, in her house and had trained her to go to the door if she had to go to the bathroom! Like Trigger! She took them for walks down the street on a leash as if they were dogs. As she got less steady on her feet her son pressed her to rehome Rose, who lived in the barn. Well the two had been together their whole lives and ponies are very stubborn and set in their ways. Rebecca bought Rose and Rose screamed all the way home and for the following week. The son called her and said Magic was doing the same. So the lady wanted her to take Magic also so they could be together and in a good home. That was 5 years ago.

2nd_hand.JPG

This is the field I walked down. You can't really tell in the photo but it was a hill.

pasture.JPG

This is where we were walking to. The horses have a large pasture beyond the fence.

@katlupe ,
I can relate to your Christmas thoughts.
My mother always make a big thing out of Christmas.

She left such a big hole in my heart when she passed away,years ago.
Was very hard for me to make memorable Christmases for our sons.

Now they are grown & far from home,,makes it hard to even think of putting few Christmas decorations up.
I may get out a few of my snowmen ,, some garland & lights to make us feel cherry.

Enjoy the visit with the horses,, give them a pat from me.
If my last horse is still alive ,, he'd be old, hopefully living a good life.
This year I am not putting up many decorations at all. Just a few. Coming home last night I see a lot of people are still going all out with the decorations. I like looking at them but do not want all that work. Taking them out of boxes, putting them up, taking them down and putting them back in boxes. Nope, too much work for me. We exchanged cards here in my building and our halls are decorated. That is enough for me. My two little trees are always right here so no work to those.

I try not to think about my own horses. But I do have dreams about them. I hope they are happy too.

Yesterday I took on a project I have been putting off for a week. I applied double sided carpet tape to the rugs I have over the apartment carpeting. The apartment carpet is a boring beige and my rugs are colorful and a different texture. But the corners were sticking up and when I moved Jazzy (mobility chair) across the rug it would lift up from the floor in various spots. Sometimes it did that with my rolling walker if I was not paying attention. So I thought I'd see if this would work. It does.

I saw on the Amazon reviews one person said they used this brand of tape on a rug on a carpet and it worked good. So I thought I'd try it. Well, I am glad I did. It works perfectly. I can't believe it. But..............it was hard for me to do. I know Sonny would have done it for me. He would have laid on the floor to do it. The trouble I have with him is that he does not always follow my directions and do things the way I want them done. He always has a "better" way. But I like things done MY way.

It took me all day (with many breaks in between) and I had to vacuum everything first. All this after I cleaned Rabbit's cage. Today I want to try to do laundry but might wait till tomorrow on that chore. My legs are in need of a rest today. Other than going out to the dumpster and my mail box on Jazzy, I need to stay quiet today.

Back